Fibre & over cards?

1 hour ago, daisyrob1 said:

Hi ordered some fiocchi 70mm 12g cases I want to reload with lead & fibre, loads I want are 34g and 36g with 2.5mm size shot what size wad and and over powder card should I use. Thanks T

Are you following a tested recipe ? If so it will tell you ,what powder are you using ?

54 minutes ago, daisyrob1 said:

Thinking 4mm over card 20mm wad can the wad be cut down if need be? 

4mm over card and 20mm wad are normally for a 28gram clay pigeon loads, so 34gm or 36gm will need a much shorter wad.
You can cut the wads but it ain’t much fun if you have lots to cut and should not be necessary.
Going from 6 shot to 6.5 shot will change the shot volume by a little perhaps resulting in 1 or 2mm more wad length needed.
Speak to one of the component supplier or Folkestone do a mixed wad pack of various combinations of wads. These days I only load 28gauge.

On 05/02/2021 at 20:00, daisyrob1 said:

Thinking 4mm over card 20mm wad can the wad be cut down if need be? 

Just cut spacer wads from cereal packets to pack it out if you need to when tweaking / experimenting with the wad column height.

Years ago when money was tight we made whole wad columns out of cereal packets and apart from being fiddly and producing showers of confetti they worked perfectly well.

Edited by Vince Green