Nigel Farage - Fortune & Freedom

Doc Holliday

On 05/02/2021 at 11:46, Rewulf said:

You arent giving him any money , its just free advice ?
Im not sure what you mean by 'past performance' either ?

Hi past performance includes the disappearance of millions that people donated to his Brexit party -he was going to make it into a democratic political party but didn't and it stayed as a private limited Company with, I believe, just one shareholder (guess who), then there were all of the candidates who paid him to stand at the last election and who allegedly didn't get their money back when he decided that they wouldn't stand against any Conservative MPs, then he started fronting this new scheme - I don't know anything about it personally, but Private Eye has had a lot to say about it.

Funnily enough I saw an advert on YouTube earlier for it. I had a gander at his site, looks dead ropey and very dated.

Always ask why someone is giving this information out. Any self styled “guru” selling a book or a course on a particular subject obviously isn’t very good at the subject otherwise they would be doing and making money rather than sharing the trade secrets.

With some specific exceptions, it is of no help to a trader to be sharing stock tips which introduce additional buyers into a market unless the sale of the knowledge brings in more than the profit making ability of the trade. The only reason you would want to share knowledge is to pump stocks you’re already bought into either for a delayed dump or as part of a short squeeze.

In this case he doesn’t seem to be selling his advice so there is no direct remuneration for sharing his tips. That says to me your data is being sold OR you will be pitched stock that someone has bought into already and the additional demand will drive the value up (for them). Whether there is a genuine exit in mind or new buyers will be dumped on and left holding the bag who knows.

Would I trust him? Hell no!

47 minutes ago, GHE said:

I don't know anything about it personally, but Private Eye has had a lot to say about it.

Oh well in that case, I'm surprised he's not been arrested, charged and jailed already 😂

33 minutes ago, Munzy said:

I wasn't aware he was asking for your trust, or anything else for that matter? 

It's a funny old world isn't it. 

6 hours ago, GHE said:

Hi past performance includes the disappearance of millions that people donated to his Brexit party -he was going to make it into a democratic political party but didn't and it stayed as a private limited Company with, I believe, just one shareholder (guess who), then there were all of the candidates who paid him to stand at the last election and who allegedly didn't get their money back when he decided that they wouldn't stand against any Conservative MPs, then he started fronting this new scheme - I don't know anything about it personally, but Private Eye has had a lot to say about it.

This. 

5 hours ago, Munzy said:

Funnily enough I saw an advert on YouTube earlier for it. I had a gander at his site, looks dead ropey and very dated.

Always ask why someone is giving this information out. Any self styled “guru” selling a book or a course on a particular subject obviously isn’t very good at the subject otherwise they would be doing and making money rather than sharing the trade secrets.

With some specific exceptions, it is of no help to a trader to be sharing stock tips which introduce additional buyers into a market unless the sale of the knowledge brings in more than the profit making ability of the trade. The only reason you would want to share knowledge is to pump stocks you’re already bought into either for a delayed dump or as part of a short squeeze.

In this case he doesn’t seem to be selling his advice so there is no direct remuneration for sharing his tips. That says to me your data is being sold OR you will be pitched stock that someone has bought into already and the additional demand will drive the value up (for them). Whether there is a genuine exit in mind or new buyers will be dumped on and left holding the bag who knows.

And this.

21 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Oh well in that case, I'm surprised he's not been arrested, charged and jailed already 😂

I wasn't aware he was asking for your trust, or anything else for that matter? 

It's a funny old world isn't it. 

Errrr... if I was targeted with an advert for his new venture I would say that is exactly what he was asking me to do. That’s kind of how advertising works.

23 hours ago, Munzy said:

:good:

1 hour ago, Munzy said:

Errrr... if I was targeted with an advert for his new venture I would say that is exactly what he was asking me to do. That’s kind of how advertising works.

You were 'targeted'? 

Do you feel targeted by adverts generally? 

Advertising actually works by suggestion, nobody is forcing you to buy, invest, or do, anything! 

If you're feeling like Farage or any other product/service is personally targeting you, I would try some relaxation techniques, or therapy. 

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You were 'targeted'? 

Do you feel targeted by adverts generally? 

Advertising actually works by suggestion, nobody is forcing you to buy, invest, or do, anything! 

If you're feeling like Farage or any other product/service is personally targeting you, I would try some relaxation techniques, or therapy. 

When I say “targeted” I use it in the sense that we in the Advertising & Marketing world use it.

A brand considers who their customer is and builds a profile. The brand then targets that profile which, using online tools, is very precise and cost effective.

I assume I am target market for this new venture since I do some day trading, my Google search history is filled with ticker searches and I frequent various financial news sites.

So, ignoring the fact that I think your comments were facetious and you took me for a mug without knowing the industry I work in...  

Yes I am confident I was targeted and no, I don’t feel the need to seek help; I’m ok with the way advertising works.

26 minutes ago, Munzy said:

So, ignoring the fact that I think your comments were facetious and you took me for a mug without knowing the industry I work in...

I'm not bothered what industry you work in, or whether you trade, you said targeted. 

So, did Farages advert bounce into your inbox, or pop up on your browser? 

Or did you just learn about it on this thread, and decide to have a bitch about it? 

29 minutes ago, Munzy said:

Yes I am confident I was targeted

Sounds a bit paranoid to me. 

29 minutes ago, Munzy said:

I’m ok with the way advertising works.

Good job really if you work in the sector. 

Personally I'd just get on with my life and stop worrying about other people's ads and ventures, you've already stated you wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, so what is actually the problem?