Calibre question.

samboy

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I was always told, that in a fight then attempt to get in the first decisive blow. Most but not all Licensing Departments are looking for a way to say NO. Therefore by doing your homework planning and putting together the suggestions I made above go a long way to stopping them in their tracks 99% of the time.

I wouldn't disagree but I still think you need to know what your licensing dept want. Don't some want an mentor, DSC1 etc?

2 hours ago, oowee said:

🤣 simply the reason to acquire.  The rest goes without saying. 

Thinking about this, if deer are a problem wouldn't you really need to apply for something to cover all deer, so .243?

I don't know Essex that well but I would have thought you'd have Roe, Fallow and even Red as well?

32 minutes ago, Windswept said:

I wouldn't disagree but I still think you need to know what your licensing dept want. Don't some want an mentor, DSC1 etc?

Thinking about this, if deer are a problem wouldn't you really need to apply for something to cover all deer, so .243?

I don't know Essex that well but I would have thought you'd have Roe, Fallow and even Red as well?

Just the deer you have problems with should suffice, although as you say they are likely to have more in Essex than just the Munty mentioned . I hear some areas ask for DSC although mentor should have now gone, with the latest HO advice. Here in A&S they asked for a centrefire course but things may have changed. 

I have found that the team here are mostly open to a sensible discussion and as Walker says doing your homework and being clear about what you want and why is the basis of that process.