Six Nations 2021

henry d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah excellent. 'Tis time for this thread. I'm a wee bit sad my favourite match of the series is the second match of the series; I always look forward to Scotland more than ther others these days but never mind! It's just good to have it back.

First up I can't see anything other than Italy getting hammered and calls for Georgia to move in instead.

England vs Scotland will be more competitive but, as with every England game it seems, I think the bench is key. Scotland's first XV need to put us away in the first hour to have a chance. I can't see that happening, so an England win, but not a big one.

8 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

always look forward to Scotland more than ther others these days but never mind! It's just good to have it back.

Me too and this will probably be the last time I will be watching it in Scotland and unfortunately there is no pub. I was adopted by the local rugby club as their second tame Englishman and spend lots of time and money in their company, the club has also come on well over the past 30 years and over the past five years a major event and income earner has been the sevens rugby tournament and beer festival and they did host a pre-season match between Glasgow warriors and Quin's. I also had a season pass for a good while and watched England win there twice and enjoyed these more than any other games I have seen via a TV.

I seem to have wandered, anyhoo, I am looking forward to a good win and would like to see a bonus point too!

Just good to have some rugby to watch!

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Me too and this will probably be the last time I will be watching it in Scotland and unfortunately there is no pub. I was adopted by the local rugby club as their second tame Englishman and spend lots of time and money in their company, the club has also come on well over the past 30 years and over the past five years a major event and income earner has been the sevens rugby tournament and beer festival and they did host a pre-season match between Glasgow warriors and Quin's. I also had a season pass for a good while and watched England win there twice and enjoyed these more than any other games I have seen via a TV.

I seem to have wandered, anyhoo, I am looking forward to a good win and would like to see a bonus point too!

Mascot?

No interest this time, no croud no atmosphere and cant be doing with ex womens rugby players doing to commentary,sorry but they bring absolutely nothing to the commentary other than being the pc ex womens player on the tv!!!!

Oh and add into that I cant stand farrels devotion to basically playing a  "leinster" team you can bearly watch ireland nowadays !!!.....

6 minutes ago, millrace said:

No interest this time, no croud no atmosphere and cant be doing with ex womens rugby players doing to commentary,sorry but they bring absolutely nothing to the commentary other than being the pc ex womens player on the tv!!!!

Oh and add into that I cant stand farrels devotion to basically playing a  "leinster" team you can bearly watch ireland nowadays !!!.....

Good thing the players don't get to make that call, isn't it? I agree it's not ideal, but I for one am glad they're out there giving me some international rugby to watch. The women I've seen are perfectly competent in what they say; it's just a different person and a nice change from the usual talking heads of England world cup winners and ex-coaches. 

It's a shame the Women's Six Nation's been pushed back a couple of months. I always enjoyed the women thrashing everyone before settling down into the men's stuff. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Now that would have been a great idea! Most likely I was a target to drink under the table or to mock when England lost, but I mocked them more, however it was all in good humour. 2003 was the high tide mark though 🏆

:good:Years ago whilst staying in a lovely Scottish hotel during a Nato Exercise we got back from Dundee and hid the TV remote control in the bar.

We managed to watch the whole of the England game, got very drunk to celebrate the win and then strike me, the remote control appeared just in time to turn over and see Scotland lose their match.

Happy days

I coach am under 15 girls team the women's Rose's did great last night and looking forward to the games today, we are doing a zoom game all.parents and coaches are dressing up in england gear and having a drink to cheer the teams on, just something to keep the girls and the whole team together during these times as it has now been nearly a whole season without them.having a match