Six Nations 2021

henry d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

What reel salt or fresh water 

Salt. It's a Daiwa BG3000, one of those reels that's for salt water, but isn't fully corrosion resistant. Generally it holds up extremely well, but it got a dunking whilst I was wading before lockdown and I forgot to clean it. So when I came to use it today, it barely moved! I think a ball bearing's sticking, so I'll have to take them apart one by one to find out what's going on, but it's now working so much better than it was. 

Now some rugby, the ball bearings can wait...

4 hours ago, henry d said:

They did make a good peh.  My mum worked at Wallace's for many years, not in the bakehouse but in one of the shops.

Flemming's of Arbroath always made the best steak and gravy pehs.

At kicking out o'clock Rough and Fraser in the Hilltoon was a regular stopover due to their 24hr serving hatch at their bakehouse, was always a bit perilous though in case the bad lads of the Hilltoon Huns got you!

I was screaming at the TV, TRIP!!! TRIP!!!

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

They did make a good peh.  My mum worked at Wallace's for many years, not in the bakehouse but in one of the shops.

Flemming's of Arbroath always made the best steak and gravy pehs.

At kicking out o'clock Rough and Fraser in the Hilltoon was a regular stopover due to their 24hr serving hatch at their bakehouse, was always a bit perilous though in case the bad lads of the Hilltoon Huns got you!

Try pie bobs in Arbroath next time you are passing!

1 minute ago, tonker said:

Outfought, out pressured and outplayed. we got what we deserved. Well done Scotland. and why o why do we and (Youngs) insist on kicking possession away.

Keep the bloody ball in hand (unless you have a Hogg) magnificent.

Good point, you also have yo catch it when the kick is returned. Johnny May gets plank of the match from me

4 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Wee Jimmy will have a wet gusset tonight

Fantastic 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, tonker said:

Outfought, out pressured and outplayed. we got what we deserved. Well done Scotland. and why o why do we and (Youngs) insist on kicking possession away.

Absolutely,  England looked clueless,  commentator said Farrell hadn't played for two months, not sure about the other players. I'm not sure if England managed three passes? I know they want to pressure the opposition by pegging them back and forcing a mistake but come on play rugby. 

Scotland in comparison looked great, kept the pressure on and didn't buckle,  I thought the missed penalties would cost them but England didn't look like they new what to do with the ball.

1 point or 50 that's Scotland's first win at Twickenham for 37 years.

Utterly, utterly shambolic from everyone concerned. bone idle, predictable tactics that deserved to get punished more than just by 5 points. Scotland did enough to win, but they'll need to be a heck of a lot better when they play a side that knows how to play rugby. 

If it wasn't for lockdown, I'd have them all driven to the North West of Scotland and just left there to make their own way home. Or just pitch them into The Minch.

Scotland defended well, but we allowed them to defend well by being so hopelessly predictable.

We'll bash through the middle. Oh that's not worked? We'll kick.

We'll bash through the middle. Oh that's not worked? We'll kick.

We'll bash through the middle. Oh that's not worked? We'll kick...

21 minutes ago, tonker said:

really ,with all the penalties and thier extra player how come they were only 5 points in front ? 

we was robbed ! and I hope they don't go putting that rough Whisky in that wee quake, its best suited to fine London Gin.😀 

Edited by derbyduck