Six Nations 2021

henry d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, powler said:

ref.. not in control of the game.

That's exactly what I was just going to say,,,, him and the TMO are being very biased against the English,,,, IMO 🤔

The rugby isn't great,,,, too many penalties and a bit scrappy, but the frenchman isn't helping with his poor decisions 😕

51 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

What was in the sandwich?

True and true. But it's been 30 losses in a row now and they've got some really batterings in that time including in the most recent tournaments. Those moments seem a very long time ago 

Kick, kick, kick. Don't let it go on like this...

Cheese tomato lettuce pinch of salt and salad cream. 

I was behind,  I had the game recording but I've just stormed out my own front room before I started swearing in front of the kids.

The first half was a farce, that ref shouldn't ref another game ever.

On the back of that the first half was terrible,  thankfully the mrs took the kids a walk and things settled in the second half,  Itoje should have been subbed, he's brilliant but the ref had it in for him, Jones should have seen it and managed it.

England did brilliant to get back to 24-24 the Welsh played some great rugby in little phases, the players coming off the bench doing really well. 

So 24 a piece, England have the chance to win despite everything that has gone on, then they give away 3 penalties in a row!! Absolute muppets,  kicking away possession and putting themselves under pressure. 

As Wales scored the try on something like 78 minutes after the chase for the line I left the room bleeding fuming to say the least.

The youngsters for Wales looked great, playing at 9 & 10 and the Welsh wing wizard Rhys.

But for me the game was tarnished by the french pair playing at 16 & 17 for Wales.

Jeremy Guscott nailed it, if you can't get an opposition player sent off then get the ref to play for you.

Disappointed with England's performance re the ill discipline, contributing to easy penalty points against them in quick succession. We [England] played well in a few instances, and fought back to 24-24, but the lack of games for a few players showed, IMHO 🙄

Hey ho,,,, life goes on 😊

6 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Check the rule book not a knock on :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

He had no control of the ball. the ball went forward onto his leg, but the lack of control is key, which is why everyone in the comms box and the pundits in the studio (even Sam Warberton was 50-50) and even the Welsh team, it seemed, thought it was a knock on. When a Welshman doesn't celebrate a try against the English, you've got to think there's something fishy going on...

And it definitely doesn't explain the embarrassment of the first try! 

That said, England's discipline cost them. Wales held theirs so deserved to win. 

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

The triple crown or grant slam means nothing in Wales but beating the English means everything 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Isn't that...a bit...childish? Trading a Grand Slam for one match? To be so whole-heartedly defined by another nation, it sort of sounds like Wales is nothing without the English...

5 minutes ago, twenty said:

Well at least we will have Johnny May and Louis Rees-Zammit back for Gloucester next weekend, with no six nations games now until 13/3/21.........and we need them, as we are sat proudly at the bottom of the Premiership.

Ah a question for you sir, if I may? Do you think the lack of relegation from the Prem has adversely affected intensity? Now there's nothing to play for, it must have drained a bit of desperation out of the team?

34 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Isn't that...a bit...childish? Trading a Grand Slam for one match? To be so whole-heartedly defined by another nation, it sort of sounds like Wales is nothing without the English...

Not childish mate but ask any Irishman, Scotsman or Welshman if England are playing who they would wish to win ??? sorry to tell you but you English lot ain’t popular  😂

If the cap fits wear it 👍👍👍

Edited by blackbird

Just now, blackbird said:

Not childish mate but ask any Irishman Scotman or Welshman if England are playing who they would wish to win ??? 

ah that's not what you said though. Wanting England to lose against every opposition is very different to it meaning nothing for your own team to demonstrate it's the best in the competition compared to beating one nation. Somewhat small minded surely.