Six Nations 2021

henry d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't expect the try to be given,  I wasn't sure it was clear, France always looked like they could score.

But a much more improved performance from England,  cutting out the penalties, good pressure at the breakdown.

A close enjoyable game.

I thought the French 9 or 14 was man of the match,  maybe Curry who had a great game.

34 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Didn't expect the try to be given,  I wasn't sure it was clear, France always looked like they could score.

But a much more improved performance from England,  cutting out the penalties, good pressure at the breakdown.

A close enjoyable game.

I thought the French 9 or 14 was man of the match,  maybe Curry who had a great game.

I was surprised too, especially with the onfield umpire's soft signal of out. I wouldn't have complained if she's agreed and not awarded it. Brave call, but I confess, I thought it was the right call. I thought I could see the tip of the ball graze a blade or three of grass.

What a game. I would have been disappointed if we'd lost, but much more accepting than our previous losses, because we played well, but would have been beaten by a better side.

But a win's a win! hurrah!

10 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I was surprised too, especially with the onfield umpire's soft signal of out. I wouldn't have complained if she's agreed and not awarded it. Brave call, but I confess, I thought it was the right call. I thought I could see the tip of the ball graze a blade or three of grass.

What a game. I would have been disappointed if we'd lost, but much more accepting than our previous losses, because we played well, but would have been beaten by a better side.

But a win's a win! hurrah!

Yeah I thought the ball probably touched as Itoje went over but was it clear?

Something they mentioned after the game was what a good game Youngs had, he matched Dupoint, quick ball keeping England going forward,  great to see.

Probably because the players have got a few games played.

I was still expecting France to score at the death, they were never out of the game that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Yeah I thought the ball probably touched as Itoje went over but was it clear?

Something they mentioned after the game was what a good game Youngs had, he matched Dupoint, quick ball keeping England going forward,  great to see.

Probably because the players have got a few games played.

I was still expecting France to score at the death, they were never out of the game that's for sure.

Shows what they can do when they play rugby and not that dross like they played at the start of the competition 

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

Rugby how it should be played.

Exactly what us league lads recognised a long time ago (tin hat time 😁)

Really impressed with the French back line and their two halves. Plus you can see the Shaun Edward's effect on the whole side. 

As far as England are concerned , they looked better when they subbed their full back. The first bloke needs to learn how to pass a ball, more promising and fluid movements broke down when he threw a crsp pass. Us league guys notice these things (tin hat back on)

Overall I think the game slowly changed momentum as the English fitness started to show in the final quarter. The moment the game finally tilted was that stupid French drop goal attempt.  They were on top till then but it seemed to change from that point.

No interest in any game with Italy,  it's a foregone conclusion,  which means the rugby starts at 4:45 which isn't too bad, but I'll have to record the Wales v France game.

I hadn't realised France can still draw level on points, so Wales want the grand slam, and the title, France need to win to stay in with a chance so it should be a great game.

Hopefully England win again to salvage a bit of something and just as importantly put in a good performance. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

No interest in any game with Italy,  it's a foregone conclusion,  which means the rugby starts at 4:45 which isn't too bad, but I'll have to record the Wales v France game.

I hadn't realised France can still draw level on points, so Wales want the grand slam, and the title, France need to win to stay in with a chance so it should be a great game.

Hopefully England win again to salvage a bit of something and just as importantly put in a good performance. 

France could snatch the title. They need at least 9 points from two games, but a BP win vs Wales and they'll look favourites. If they're level on points, I think points difference will split them, so if my maths is right, they'd need to beat Scotland by at least 18 points to pip Wales.  As ever with France it just depends which French side turns up. If it's the good one, Wales might be in trouble. If it's the bad one, the Grand Slam's Wales.