Six Nations 2021

henry d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, The Heron said:

It's the usual slaughter. 

No I think this is worse. They don't even have the discipline they sometimes show. We've now had three yellow cards. They came out all whooping and growling at half time, running as if their lives depended on a serious second half showing. What happens? They kick the restart out on the full, give a penalty away at the ensuing scrum and then concede a try from the lineout after the kick to touch. Special levels of ineptitude

Looking forward to the next two games, should be a lot better than watching the whipping boys getting hammered again.

I hope the Italian youngsters get it together soon as at the moment they are guaranteed 5 pointers. 

Anyway, good luck Ireland and Wales👍

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yet in the first half they were end to end, is it lack of self belief?

C'mon England

Self belief, talent, fitness, you name it. Some shockingly basic errors in there. Twice they kicked the restarts out on the full, they won a penalty in their own 22, but then the lineout wasn't straight so they're back under the cosh, 3 yellow cards and some borderline calls that could have been worse. 2 no-armed shoulder charges and tipping a chap onto his head is just poor discipline that means you play almost half the match handicapped. Their lineout's a mess, the scrum's brittle, there's no discipline, not enough fitness and too little skill. 

Same old Italy - only more so today

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Its getting painful,  start the second half well @chrisjpainter Daily is playing well, then more errors, some good running then back to the box kick??

It's clueless. Daly's running's been good, but once again, he's been shown as a weak link under the high ball. But Jones needs to find a way of doing something different, because plan A isn't working. Again. Isn't the definition of madness doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

I just can't understand why we're not trying the attacking, running game that won us the game against France 

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

just can't understand why we're not trying the attacking, running game that won us the game against France 

Me either? It's like they don't want the ball, your not going to score points giving Ireland the ball back, they're more than happy to play with the ball, kick the penalties and punish England further.

Farrell senior will be loving this.

10 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

It's clueless. Daly's running's been good, but once again, he's been shown as a weak link under the high ball. But Jones needs to find a way of doing something different, because plan A isn't working. Again. Isn't the definition of madness doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

I just can't understand why we're not trying the attacking, running game that won us the game against France 

10 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I think one reason for that is the ref. Both today and against Wales there has been a pedantic French ref totally whistle happy with technical infringements. This stops any game flow and makes it very hard to get an open quick game like the French game.

It also makes for poor entertainment for neutrals

Trinity a league fan 

I give up. Time to order takeaway. Well done Ireland, a deserved win and scoreline (whatever it will be.) At the time of the Great Switch Off, England had conceded 14 penalties. Year upon year we voice this, and it's not been worked on. Coaching change needed, whether it's Jones, his coaching staff, or the whole lot. All very well moaning about the ref, but the ref's the same for both teams and Ireland managed okay (red card notwithstanding).

Now for curry. Hopefully with cyanide in it.

14 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I think one reason for that is the ref. Both today and against Wales there has been a pedantic French ref totally whistle happy with technical infringements

Agreed, wind the game back and he said; "20 seconds" for sexton to kick and after 35 he did, shortly after he went over by 15-20 seconds again. Double standards

12 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I think one reason for that is the ref. Both today and against Wales there has been a pedantic French ref totally whistle happy with technical infringements. This stops any game flow and makes it very hard to get an open quick game like the French game.

It also makes for poor entertainment for neutrals

Trinity a league fan 

I know what your saying but the ref was even, England were caught crossing several times, silly little errors that they shouldn't be making, then when England get some momentum they box kick and give possession away,  from a rugby league point of view it was simply terrible. 

11 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I give up. Time to order takeaway. Well done Ireland, a deserved win and scoreline (whatever it will be.) At the time of the Great Switch Off, England had conceded 14 penalties. Year upon year we voice this, and it's not been worked on. Coaching change needed, whether it's Jones, his coaching staff, or the whole lot. All very well moaning about the ref, but the ref's the same for both teams and Ireland managed okay (red card notwithstanding).

Now for curry. Hopefully with cyanide in it.

Wifes just got back with Chinese 😉

Lost 3 games in a championship,  that's simply not acceptable,  heads need to roll, some players are done.

Penalty count off the scale and Ireland thrashed us, lost to Wales Scotland and Ireland, shocking.

9 minutes ago, JDog said:

Well done Ireland.

Jones must go. Box kicks? It's just giving the ball away. And yes indiscipline is a real problem.

I agree. With that ref today all you need to do is keep possession and eventually a penalty will come your way. Having said that they way England controlled the ball going into the tackle was very poor . How many times was it reefed out or they were force to not release. 

Paulo Odogwu has been in the England bubble for eight weeks, he has not been selected once in this time, and unbelievably for him, Joe Marchant was drafted into the squad this week, and came on as a replacement today against Ireland........Odogwu can play outside centre or wing, and surely deserved at least 20 minutes against Italy..........he has not played a competitive game now since Jan 8th, that's 10 weeks.

Maybe he should look to see if he has an  Italian Grandmother 😉

Ellis Genge will probably be cited this week after repeatedly elbowing Sexton in the face near the end of the game ........a loose cannon for sure.

Edited by twenty

Just caught last 10 minutes of Welsh game. Hard done to I thought. Yet again result decided by ref rather than skill of best side. 

Like I say dont watch that much union , but this year I have seen too many refs who think people pay to watch them rather than a game of rugby.

I thought we had some poor refs in league, but they are light years infront of dome of the clowns I have seen in this competition

Edited by TRINITY

Crikey. That was a fairly large slice of bedlam! What a time for both teams to lose their discipline! Wales will be kicking themselves. Two dim-witted yellow cards, the door creaks open and France pour through.

Credit to both teams; match of the tournament by a country mile! Bonus point win for France next week?