Six Nations 2021

henry d

8 hours ago, twenty said:

Yeah, The French have to go for it don't they, I reckon they might do it as well, as you say you never know with Scotland, but its definitely not going to be 0-0............what odds on that at the bookies.

If France win by 20pts ,(with a try bonus) and finish level with Wales, it is a try count back between the two.

At the moment Wales have scored 20 tries (5 games),and France 15 tries in 4 games, with Fridays match to come.

So we should be hoping for France to win by 20 points and score 5 tries, because that would make one heck of a game! What's the next tie breaking factor after that, head to head or total points score? If it's the latter, that really favours Wales, unless the Scotland game is truly mental. 47 points is a lot to overhaul

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

So we should be hoping for France to win by 20 points and score 5 tries, because that would make one heck of a game! What's the next tie breaking factor after that, head to head or total points score? If it's the latter, that really favours Wales, unless the Scotland game is truly mental. 47 points is a lot to overhaul

Yeah total points, not head to head, as that was a home advantage to France.

9 hours ago, twenty said:

If France win by 20pts ,(with a try bonus) and finish level with Wales, it is a try count back between the two.

At the moment Wales have scored 20 tries (5 games),and France 15 tries in 4 games, with Fridays match to come.

So they need 6 tries and a twenty point margin,  O this sounds like it could be good.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

So they need 6 tries and a twenty point margin,  O this sounds like it could be good.

Yeah I hope so, its on BBC 1, 7.30pm......kick off 8pm.

Gloucester are at home to Exeter as well on Friday.......ko 5.30pm........hope we turn up for  this one, both teams will be missing their Scottish players.......Skinner and Hogg for Exeter, Harris and Craig for Gloucester.

Edited by twenty

Just now, Mice! said:

Carnage,  France had the game but not the title,  well played Scotland they didn't quit.

I just love France's brain fades! Why didn't they kick it out and win the match! They couldn't get the 21 points, so JUST WIN THE GAME! Or not.
What a mad, mad end to a mad, mad tournament

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

Just kick it out ya Muppet

I was thinking that for Scotland as well, take the points.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

I just love France's brain fades! Why didn't they kick it out and win the match! They couldn't get the 21 points, so JUST WIN THE GAME! Or not.
What a mad, mad end to a mad, mad tournament

Yep, clock is red take the win.

13 hours ago, Mice! said:

I was thinking that for Scotland as well, take the points.

Yep, clock is red take the win.

Yeah it was a comic end to the competition wasn't it.......why didn't Dulin kick it dead for the win ?

He is playing against Gloucester next week in the Champions cup (for La Rochelle).....hope he continues his game management expertise 😉

Good win for Gloucester last night against Exeter (with a bonus point)......but have to say that Chiefs sent a very mixed team, including four academy players.........but you can only play what is in front of you, and Chiefs led 14-15 at HT...........LRZ and Johnny May played, but neither scored.

Edited by twenty