Six Nations 2021

henry d

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I disagree, it was however far better that yesterdays awful showing!

Each to their own. It was close, could have gone either way, competitive, fairly open play, quite flowing, well ref’d. All adds up to a good game in my books. 

Penalty on the 5 mtr line is a lot better than on the 10 mtr line to be honest i think they would  have scored a try.

The same can be said of ours Gareth Davis trying to chip through when only 20 seconds left on the clock one more pass to the forwards recycle into touch  

• 2 weeks later...

Okidoki No france/scotland, but Italy/Ireland to start followed by England and Wales. 

Italy begin by shooting themselves in the foot. Win a penalty, get three points on the board, then immediately concede three points and then a try!

11 mins in Ireland have a try and the French officials have already made a rule-book error, apparently!

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Okidoki No france/scotland, but Italy/Ireland to start followed by England and Wales. 

Italy begin by shooting themselves in the foot. Win a penalty, get three points on the board, then immediately concede three points and then a try!

11 mins in Ireland have a try and the French officials have already made a rule-book error, apparently!

They really are not justifying there presence in this competition, surely there is a Team out there to replace them?

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

They really are not justifying there presence in this competition, surely there is a Team out there to replace them?

I don't know whether I just can't remember how bad they were when they joined, but I can't believe that they're any better these days, given the way they're playing. It's not just skill level, it's that they seem to lack any game nous, something you'd have thought would be coming through if they were truly progressing as a top tier team. Year in, year out they look so naïve.

Would Georgia be able to progress any more? I can't see they'd be any worse after 20-odd years of being in the tournament

Edited by chrisjpainter

1 hour ago, The Heron said:

I have been watching the Ireland Italy game while I was having a sandwich Italy are dire I am going back outside in the shed 

What was in the sandwich?

1 hour ago, henry d said:

They have had their moments, I am pretty sure that England are the only team Italy have not beaten in the six Nations ???

True and true. But it's been 30 losses in a row now and they've got some really batterings in that time including in the most recent tournaments. Those moments seem a very long time ago 

Kick, kick, kick. Don't let it go on like this...

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

No I'm not having that from the ref. You can't tell Farrell to 'have a word with [his] players' then say play on when he's having the word and are out of position. Then say to Farrell 'No I talk...I have listened.' and walk away. Referees should have respect, but they should deserve it too.

Making it up as he goes along!