Dacia

scouser

11 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

What’s it like? 

I drove the Duster for a test drive and was under impressed. 

Just bought an older (T31) X-trail and like it so far. 

The Duster is what it is. If you compare it to almost any modern vehicle it is not going to impress. 
But, off the road it will eat X trails for breakfast.

5 hours ago, London Best said:

The Duster is what it is. If you compare it to almost any modern vehicle it is not going to impress. 
But, off the road it will eat X trails for breakfast.

Whys that? 

My mates Dacia got stuck the other day on grass field and he had off road tyres on it. 

Not sure if the X-trail would have got stuck or not. Never even driven off road myself before so can’t really say. 

I would say though that 99% of my driving is on-road and therefore id rather have a car that’s nice to drive the vast majority of the time. 

On 08/02/2021 at 09:51, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, am wanting to change my Dihatsu Terios to a  X Trail or Honda HMV or Dacia Duster , ? Never seem to be any for sale around the Vale, 

OPP  you should consider the Suzuki Vitara Allgrip model, 4 wheel drive and dif lock, its getting me about in this weather.

Have had my 2014 Duster out this week playing in 8 to 10 inch deep snow, in places, 6 to 8 inches on most rural roads, didn't even blink unless on a 1 in 5 or steeper slope where 4x4 was then required due to snow compaction turning it icy underfoot.

Trundled along motorway (dual carriage way) at 40 to 45mph in 2 inch of snow with no issue with everyone else in inside lane doing speed of slowest driver (circa 25 to 30mph).

Current tyres are Geolanders AT and certainly paid for themselves this week as never struggled to get to where needed.

The company duster on OEM Bridgestones a so called sports SUV tyre struggled even to get out driveway with 4x4 engaged due to lack of grip.

On 07/02/2021 at 12:12, Stuarta said:

I am sure you have driven both London Gun and I have only experience of the x Trail but having pulled a trailer with two Dexter steers on board out of a very muddy field with an X Trail I would not under rate them in any way.

It is not always what you drive, but how you drive them.  My old 30yr old Landie embarrased a all singing all dancinf Discovery up a 45 grass incline but do not believe it was the Discoveries fault..  Have a friend who has a Dacia Duster and he seems happy to follow me everywhere when we are out shooting.  At the price they look a tidy little motor.