Useless clothes horse.

fatchap

Project for next week. Create a sturdy clothes horse. With all the technology available now you would have thought someone would come up with a reliable and sturdy clothes horse/dryer? We have just got one, the wife thought it was a brilliant item as it has a built in fan at the bottom(which pointlessly blows cold air not hot) and to say its flimsy and obviously designed by a idiot is an understatement. You just have to look at it wrong and it falls to bits. Putting clothes on it is like playing Buckaroo (remember that) You can get away with a couple of pairs of socks but put a jumper on it and it begins to come apart. Try and balance the load with another jumper the other end and BUCKAROO!!! its bits of tubing and plastic all over the floor. Useless. Firing up the CAD software today and its my mission to design and make a proper job!

In between all the other knife and slingshot projects I have going on.

3 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Project for next week. Create a sturdy clothes horse. With all the technology available now you would have thought someone would come up with a reliable and sturdy clothes horse/dryer? We have just got one, the wife thought it was a brilliant item as it has a built in fan at the bottom(which pointlessly blows cold air not hot) and to say its flimsy and obviously designed by a idiot is an understatement. You just have to look at it wrong and it falls to bits. Putting clothes on it is like playing Buckaroo (remember that) You can get away with a couple of pairs of socks but put a jumper on it and it begins to come apart. Try and balance the load with another jumper the other end and BUCKAROO!!! its bits of tubing and plastic all over the floor. Useless. Firing up the CAD software today and its my mission to design and make a proper job!

In between all the other knife and slingshot projects I have going on.

But if it was bought as a cool air fan drying rack why are you surprised it doesn't blow hot/warm air?

Dryer 1.jpg

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But if it was bought as a cool air fan drying rack why are you surprised it doesn't blow hot/warm air?

Dryer 1.jpg

That piece of **** is the exact one we have. 

I'm not too bothered about the fan. Its the design of the thing. Its just push fit metal into plastic. It has no structural integrity at all. 

Edited by fatchap

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Meanwhile I am being pressed to purchase and erect a Sheila Maid.

Blimey, that takes me back to my childhood when we had what my old Mum used to call `The Pulley` in the kitchen. I take it that they are back in fashion now.

OB

41 minutes ago, Lampwick said:

I remember our mum using a mangle! 

I remember my mother running her middle finger in our mangle. Flattened it.   We are fortunate I suppose in that our tumble drier is in the old stable alongside the two freezers and then we have a large airing cupboard in the bathroom but I do remember those airing/drying frames, sort of zig zag things which where almost as much fun as a deck chair to erect.

We had a large laundry room in the last house complete with “pulley” and MVHR through wall vent. In the new house the utility room is so small and dusty from the dogs that there is nowhere to dry the clothes but our main bedroom. It’s south facing and has a fully glazed wall so the clothes dry quickly but I hate the look of them and am forever tripping over the blaster things. 

Speaking of useless household items, does anybody remember the "shower attachment" that you put on your bath taps? Two rubber bits fitted over the hot and cold tap and went into one pipe with the shower head at the end. Quite possibly the most annoying and useless invention ever. No matter how you adjusted the taps it was either freezing cold or scolding hot coming out of the shower head. When I first moved in with the wife, fiance at the time. She had one and the first thing I did was lob the thing in the rubbish.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Don't you have a drying room?

Our drying room is next door to the butlers quarters in the East wing . I hope the damp gives the old *** rheumatism . I'm sure I heard him call me a xxxx last week when I asked him to wax the Bentley 😅