Polski Sklep.

fatchap

We have our first Polish shop, took over the local Costcutters. Had a wander around in there yesterday, came out empty handed as I had no idea what I was looking at. Loads upon loads of different meats and about 20 types of sausages but nothing in English so I walked out. What did catch my eye was what looked like a giant slab of streaky bacon. Had the rind on it as well. But as the label clearly did not mention bacon or a word that looked like bacon I left it. 

I did spot green and red Thai Curry Paste in big pots. The proper Thai stuff not the rubbish from Blue Dragon or Sharwoods and that gigantic plank of a has been chef Ainsley Harriet.

Taking me phone in there today for translation purposes. Because the stuff they have in there looks really nice just a shame you don't know what bit of the animal you are buying.

Just now, JKD said:

Why didn't you just ask the owner/staff ? They won't bite 🤔😂 Some of the Polish foodstuffs are quite nice,,,, and reasonably priced, so my Polish colleagues tell me 😉

I have no idea why I didn't ask. I thought that when I was getting in the car. 

8 hours ago, fatchap said:

We have our first Polish shop, took over the local Costcutters. Had a wander around in there yesterday, came out empty handed as I had no idea what I was looking at. Loads upon loads of different meats and about 20 types of sausages but nothing in English so I walked out. What did catch my eye was what looked like a giant slab of streaky bacon. Had the rind on it as well. But as the label clearly did not mention bacon or a word that looked like bacon I left it. 

I did spot green and red Thai Curry Paste in big pots. The proper Thai stuff not the rubbish from Blue Dragon or Sharwoods and that gigantic plank of a has been chef Ainsley Harriet.

Taking me phone in there today for translation purposes. Because the stuff they have in there looks really nice just a shame you don't know what bit of the animal you are buying.

That did make me laugh!!!

Ive had a few bits from our local one, some stuff is seriously weird!! 

Worked alongside some polish lads down Preston they had some right strange stuff for there bait some kind of fish in a jar also some tomato based food in a jar which they put in the microwave after job was finished we cleared the cabin there was a few vodka bottles and empty beer cans I think they may have been having a right good time of it

A fair few EE shops around here! I love them. Some really odd and exciting products in them. They love their sausages and cheeses.  They always find it funny that I pop in but are helpful if you ask what the heck stuff is. 
some great beers to be had at good prices too! Zubr (Bison) lager at 6% is good for a headache!