S/A sling mounting-extended magazine tube

Jake.243

I have a section 1 Armsan A612 with an extended magazine tube that I want to attach a sling to. There is a swivel mounted on the butt still but I lost the one up front on the magazine end cap when it was modified. The magazine is longer than the barrel and would not work with a sling even if there was a swivel there.

What is the best way to mount  a sling to the gun please?

I was given the option of 5+1 mag or “more” they weren’t sure how long it was so I chose more, I never use it in the real world as it’s too heavy fully loaded but fun to play now and again. With 2.75 cartridges it holds 12+1!

Edited by Jake.243

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

How is the magazine attached to the fore end? If it’s held in place by a hollow end cap as some are, can you not buy a ring of the relevant size with a swivel attachment capability? 
Im pretty sure such things are made. 

Yea it has the hollow cap mate, that was the first thing I looked for as had seen similar before but can only find in much smaller sizes but will look a bit more, any idea what it would be called?

12AA73BF-D505-4263-9644-8C0782B75426.jpeg

21 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Extended mag Tube normally has the same fitting as the mag cap, just with further capacity added.

Yeah, I know what you mean. My Mossberg doesn’t however, nor did my Model 12’s. This is what my Mossi looks like. 

image.jpeg.ecaa685b0c83b5efc50b370c74cef12b.jpeg

Edited by Scully

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Try this: https://www.ant-supplies.uk/gun-sling-fittings/

I think there is one like the figure of 8 you show in your pic’, but with a swivel? 

Thanks all the ones on there I believe we’re out of stock when I looked but just seen this on there that I hadn’t noticed before that would probably work with my clamp just swap out the bolt, or at least be made to work!

28C842C6-AB12-487E-9E9E-538CA7F65941.png