Bavarian Mountain Hound

Daz1986

so in light of these crazy puppies prices we are going down the mine field route of having a little from my bitch! we are between a rock and hard place at the moment as all will go to working homes (this is a condition to use having a litter) we clearly don't want to just give them away but want to be fair! being a breed that isn't out on the popular market there isn't really a price guid to go off! 

anyone here shed some light on calculating price of a pedigree BMH

thanks in advance 

11 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

My German (professional forester/game warden) friend had one for tracking the deer etc he shot, lovely little dog. I personally wouldn’t own breeds that give tongue, but other than that thought it was great. 

Nothing more satisfying than standing on a ride looking at a splash of blood on the grass and a few minutes latter hearing that hound singing.  My friend in Slovenia let his dog run on a fallow pricket I had shot and which had done a runner into some serious thick stuff . After about four or five minutes his dog started to 'sing' and it was totally in the opposite direction of where we thought it would be, having run in almost a full circle and run out of fuel.

Hope you find some good owners for your pups.

12 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Nothing more satisfying than standing on a ride looking at a splash of blood on the grass and a few minutes latter hearing that hound singing.  My friend in Slovenia let his dog run on a fallow pricket I had shot and which had done a runner into some serious thick stuff . After about four or five minutes his dog started to 'sing' and it was totally in the opposite direction of where we thought it would be, having run in almost a full circle and run out of fuel.

Hope you find some good owners for your pups.

I’ve got to admit that sounds very exciting.