Cormorants

Old Boggy

1 minute ago, 39TDS said:

Local market had many a skinned cat hung and sold as rabbit in WW2.

I was just going to say this. My gran was a country girl and they had to eat a good bit of rabbit, the ones they got for the kitchen were the ones that weren't good enough to go to the butcher. She said there was more than one farm cat that went missing and thar skinned a rabbit and cat look remarkably similar.

Someone in the local pub roasted one years ago, must have been too drunk because I don't remember how it tasted.

Had rook pie in same pub, that was nice enough but more gravy than meat as I recall.

Recipe and method plays a big part, my missus could ruin the finest cut of any animal.

3 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

I was just going to say this. My gran was a country girl and they had to eat a good bit of rabbit, the ones they got for the kitchen were the ones that weren't good enough to go to the butcher. She said there was more than one farm cat that went missing and thar skinned a rabbit and cat look remarkably similar.

I used to supply rabbits to my brother and his Russian wife. Fully prepped for cooking whole,,,, except to leave the heads attached [her instructions] to show they were rabbits, not cats. This was only 5 years ago 😑 There are obvious differences [obviously],,,, if you know what you're actually looking at 😏

On 08/02/2021 at 09:01, Old Boggy said:

or perhaps have a licence to cull a few, I was wondering if anyone has tried it. If so, what was it like. I always imagined that they would taste fishy, much the same as a seagull I tried many years ago.

OB

just shot my first one of the year, won't even let the dog retrieve them never mind eat one. disgusting, smelly ugly things

122 yds (checked on google maps) offhand with the HMR, difficult to get chest shots, took another couple from closer range to finish it,

have empty dog food bags in the motor just for putting them in 

Edited by itchy trigger