Cuddly doggie brigade

Rob85

So on a local community group this morning I saw a post that just boiled my pee.

"It's 5:30am and I can hear a dog barking that's been left outside to freeze"

Queue the usual "That's disgusting" and "do you know whose it is?"

Where do these nosey people get off? How about maybe they heard a dog being let out to stretch it's legs before the owner goes to work and it was barking round the garden? Or maybe it's a dog that has a sheltered outside kennel with access to an outside run that was just barking after it woke up as so many dogs do?

My dog is outside, her kennel is part of an old outside toilet type brick building with a run attatched to it, she has cosy blanket bedding and any morning I get her out she's always toastie. Now having said that if the mercury went well into the minus numbers I would bring her in.

How do these people think cows survive being out in barns over the winter?

Dogs waking us up at all hours is now the norm here. We live next to a dog walking field and It seems that dog owners with insomnia think it OK to take fido out for a walk. say 2.30 am There is one person whos dog barks all round the field. Goodness only knows how many peoples sleep is disturbed. Difficult to catch these people to have a word, By the time I had got up and walked to the far entrance to the field they would be gone.

Barking dogs are like their owners...a pain in the rear end .... have one next to us which howls all day long when the owner is at work... fortunately this covid has seen it indoors most of the time so a bit of peace.  We have one a few doors up which as soon as it is on a lead it starts barking, an incessant yapping and continues all the way around the village non stop. It is also one of those which has lead and arm of owner out at full stretch.  It would make a good pyjama case.

We got a grate Dane next to us its there second one and they seem to think its fine to let it out in the garden anytime day or night and it just barks its head of probably at the moon . they have had several letters from the council about but just ignore them 

The only good point is they rarely live past 8 years and it must nearly be about that now 

6 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Dogs waking us up at all hours is now the norm here. We live next to a dog walking field and It seems that dog owners with insomnia think it OK to take fido out for a walk. say 2.30 am There is one person whos dog barks all round the field. Goodness only knows how many peoples sleep is disturbed. Difficult to catch these people to have a word, By the time I had got up and walked to the far entrance to the field they would be gone.

We had one that barked all the way round the road when walked the owner said it was a Swedish Barking dog and they had competitions there for them I told him he best go there as it was sure to ****ING win.

Three houses down from me had a barking mongrel. One day it barked from 9am and was still barking at 3am next morning. As he was a parish councillor I had his phone number and called at 3am. When he eventually answered I just yelled, “shut that ******* dog up!” and put the phone down. He had the cheek to call back and ask who I was and then tell me, “well I don’t appreciate being spoken to like that.” I just said, “well shut the ******* dog up then.” He did.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Three houses down from me had a barking mongrel. One day it barked from 9am and was still barking at 3am next morning. As he was a parish councillor I had his phone number and called at 3am. When he eventually answered I just yelled, “shut that ******* dog up!” and put the phone down. He had the cheek to call back and ask who I was and then tell me, “well I don’t appreciate being spoken to like that.” I just said, “well shut the ******* dog up then.” He did.

I would love to have been a fly in the fellas wall to see his reaction...I'm sure his face was a treat 🤣

Aside from the obvious barking annoyance my grievance with the person I was referring to in my post was that she seems to think having a dog outside of the house even in a proper kennel when it's cold is cruelty, (no doubt likewise if it's a warm day) even if said dog has a perfectly good kennel to go into for shelter and access to an outside run.

I noticed on the facebook post she put up that she seemed to be getting A LOT of negative feedback from people for her attitude. She also edited her post to say she wanted to know who it was so she could inform the "cruelty officers" I was really dismayed when I found the post has now been deleted by the group admin before i had the chance to ask her what a "cruelty officer" is

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Priceless 🤣

6 hours ago, London Best said:

The most concerning thing is that he didn’t think it was an issue until he got that phone call! 

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

The most concerning thing is that he didn’t think it was an issue until he got that phone call! 

The man is a supercilious twit. The dog was always left outside when his MIL was at home because she was scared of dogs. It always barked when outside. It is her house. She was the local mayor. The whole family is barmy.