Hatsan .22 fac

Ratlegs

As I understand it the Hatsan springer as made in its original spec was only marginally above the max power for the UK market. The problem was overcome by lopping a bit off the spring for the UK. So theoretically all you need to do of fit an original spring. However, it would hardly be worth it. Although you would be creating something which is legally an FAC air rifle it wouldn't have the clout of Steve's rifle.

In .177 a springer doing around 15 / 16 fpe could be a good tool .the issue would be the extra recoil hold sensitivity that comes with it .if I were to go this route I'd choose an air arms tx200 or hw 80 / 97 .

I'd leave the hatsan out of the equation  .

Yes it probably  could make the power but I'd suspect it wouldn't be able to hit much .

As for .22 unless you can get it to around 23 fpe with a light pellet I wouldn't bother .

Also the recoil  could be lively to say the least .

There is little point in going fac air unless you can get much above 850 fps in my opinion  .

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Hw80 is made for FAC 

I had mine legitimately repaired with the then recommended spring from Hull Cartridge, what a heap of ****, the spring had been roughly cut off leaving a spear like end. It measured 13ftlb over the smiths chrono. Their reply. well it's over 12 so FAC. 

They lost a customer then.

It was never smooth despite the smiths best effort at 18 ftlb.

Both were rubbish to shoot. The Patriot had to be cocked by using both arms between the knees.

IMO for FAC forget springers. 

Just now, steve_b_wales said:

I've got the chrono' readings somewhere, but I know there was very little difference, and my rifle seemed a little bit more accurate at 28 ft/lb.  Excellent rifle which doesn't get used much.

Mine was chrono'd over a gun smiths certified job.

Mine was used a lot for sqizzers out to 80 yds, till the perm went. Still chasing new ones but hindered by lock down.

20 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've got the chrono' readings somewhere, but I know there was very little difference, and my rifle seemed a little bit more accurate at 28 ft/lb.  Excellent rifle which doesn't get used much.

I run 18 grain jsb’s at 34.5 ft lbs, tried them at 40 ft lb (1000fps) and they’re really zinging, but don’t achieve any better results, just use more air imo.