How's the snow

henry d

We have had three or four inches over night, so I cleared the path and car. Sun came out blazing in the lounge window so we turned off the heating. Ten minutes later near white out conditions, so we carry on doing housework, sun comes out so we go for our daily walk, ten minutes later blizzard! But we did see a beaver after it spooked the duck on the river, get home an hour later and it's blazing sun. Clear path and car, cuppa then blizzard conditions again! Bus failed to negotiate a slow bend and ends up on pavement blocking our road.

Gave up after the third clearing of the snow! If it carries on like this we may end up with a foot or so as it is forecast to be snow showers for 24 hours. In the time it took me to type this it has been snowing, sunny and is just about to snow again!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

blizzard, snowy showers down here  ( Kelso ) then a bit of sun, nearly the same as you Henry but not quite as deep.

That's a surprise, I thought you would get it bad there. I think we are getting it bad as we are in the lee of the hills that stretch down the Tay and the clouds just come over them and dump it on us, when it is Westerly we are protected by many miles of hills. Word in the co-op is that most roads off the main roads are not getting cleared as they need to keep the arterial routes open! Sounds like there's more to come

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

blizzard, snowy showers down here  ( Kelso ) then a bit of sun, nearly the same as you Henry but not quite as deep.

We have a couple of inches here in the Eden Valley, and blowing a hoolie now and then between sunshine.

We don’t get gritters here and managed to get a bit of a slide in the Landrover even though I was only doing 20 or less in the village. 
I really like your town, and can’t wait to get up there again for the Borders Art Fair. 👍

34 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

It was trying to snow since 3am last night in FIFE  flurries then stopping and starting again got 3/4 inches now but they reckon Tuesday it to be minus 6 and roughly the same Wednesday then add on the chill factor 

Just goes to show we are not that far away and there is a good difference, ours is about 6 inches and we have seen some heavy flurries miss us north and south then more sunshine. Not helping me clear out the shed 😃