How's the snow

henry d

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, henry d said:

Just goes to show we are not that far away and there is a good difference, ours is about 6 inches and we have seen some heavy flurries miss us north and south then more sunshine. Not helping me clear out the shed 😃

Last night there where flurrys all night and its still going must be a good 6/8 inches deep now . Taxi driver two doors up took 40 minutes to get out the street , The old folk are out clearing there bits then it snows again the lazy barstools will just wait till the thaw . Im getting the evil eye and it must be okay having a 4x4 LOL 

46 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

I'm getting the evil eye and it must be okay having a 4x4 LOL 

Until 2019 I had 4x4's for nearly 25 years, Subaru, 2x Suzukis,  and a Skoda Octavia scout, I have to be very careful now but I don't spend as much on fuel now!

We were similar overnight and then very little through the day, but it is coming down thick and fast ATM

With the easterlies here there has been some drifting but not like the above @Mice!

A major road bridge near me has been blocked by a lorry getting stuck on it, although we have had a lot more snow it's only 7-8" ATM as it is starting to pack down quite hard, we've had everything from big blobs of snow to tiny little hail like balls! Hopefully it will thaw slowly over the weekend and next week.

Its crazy some snow and Scotland shuts down LOL . I am now off for two week and  we are not needing anything so im not moving , Made a large pot of soup after clearing the drive and road in front of the house then salting it and then you got to clear the back yard so the dogs got room  to do the business LOL 

We have a corner going down a hill to the bottom of our street its interesting its all the old folk out clearing there cars and drives and the younger ones dont  but its the younger ones that will need there cars out not the pensioners