Moped for moving logs.

mel b3

39 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I don't want dogs , I'm just disappointed that someone else didn't want me to have dogs😊.

Donkeys are beasts of burden designed for carrying stuff about 

dogs however are totally different and in our mild climes not the best for the job 

dosent a neighbour have a yak or a camel you could borrow far more suitable than mans best (only) friend 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Donkeys are beasts of burden designed for carrying stuff about 

dogs however are totally different and in our mild climes not the best for the job 

dosent a neighbour have a yak or a camel you could borrow far more suitable than mans best (only) friend 

I'm not too keen on camels , I think it's the teeth ( they remind me of lin) , but a yak mmmm,  I could really see myself getting along splendidly with a yak.

27 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'm not too keen on camels , I think it's the teeth ( they remind me of lin) , but a yak mmmm,  I could really see myself getting along splendidly with a yak.

There must be a member on here with a spare yak 🤔

obviously you would prefer a well trained one although I’m sure it’s within your capabilities to do the training if it fell short 😂

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

There must be a member on here with a spare yak 🤔

obviously you would prefer a well trained one although I’m sure it’s within your capabilities to do the training if it fell short 😂

Well I trained my Mrs to cook ,  so training a yak to carry logs can't be much different . I know that all the spitting and snarling can be a bit worrying , and beating the hairy beast is very unpalatable  ,but I assume that every bloke has the same issues while training his wife😆.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

Well I trained my Mrs to cook ,  so training a yak to carry logs can't be much different . I know that all the spitting and snarling can be a bit worrying , and beating the hairy beast is very unpalatable  ,but I assume that every bloke has the same issues while training his wife😆.

A woman a yak and a walnut tree 🤭

the snarling and spitting from a yak is a sign of affection 

the long hair should be fine and used to your advantage 

perfect for repair of camouflage nets and the ditchman type wigs 😂

5 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

A woman a yak and a walnut tree 🤭

the snarling and spitting from a yak is a sign of affection 

the long hair should be fine and used to your advantage 

perfect for repair of camouflage nets and the ditchman type wigs 😂

I do like hairy beasts , when I say like , I mean I've become used to , because of my mrs 😊.

I'm off to start another thread , how to knit a wig from yak hair 😆.

4 hours ago, matone said:

One of these might suit if you can find one.

ecorider.jpg

That's really cool , but far too good for anything that I have in mind 👍.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Corrected that for you!

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Well thank you for that 👍😊

I’d heard about him moving on to bigger things 😂

apparently it’s a long hair thing 🤔

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That will just be a surrogate for his missing locks!

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

That thumb print is getting bigger then 😂😂

Never let it be said that melb3 wasn't up to the challenge,  I shall mount the hairy beast , and ride it like a rhinestone cowboy 😅 

25 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That's really cool , but far too good for anything that I have in mind 👍.

Never let it be said that melb3 wasn't up to the challenge,  I shall mount the hairy beast , and ride it like a rhinestone cowboy 😅 

There are some things that can’t be unseen and shouldn’t be mentioned 😂😂

On 20/02/2021 at 22:37, mel b3 said:

well ive spent a couple of hours on ebay , looking at old mopeds that might be suitable for my project , and ive come to the conclusion that it would be cheaper to helicopter the wood out .

im thinking now that a quad might be the way forward . i really didnt want to widen the paths , but it looks like itll be the easiest way.

A small quad should be capable of pulling logs about. The Yamaha RX100 clones from china &taiwan are common and are not usually expensive. Gumtree or local auctions or free ads shoul get you a few to look at.

Look for ADLY rx100, or Mota roma blster . Aeon RT100. GEO Tomahawk 100.

These ATVs are Youth sized, have Copies of the minarelli horizontal engine and Variomatic transmission, and final drive by chain. Nice simple reliable mechanics, parts readily available. Being two strokes they have devent power and are mostly fitted with autolube type lubrication systems so no mixing of two stroke needed. Most have kick and electric start. Ideal size for what you want to do. and they will fit in a small van like a VW caddy or similar. It is the way i would go, if you want narrow tracks, they will go where most motorcycles will go and very short wheelbase for transport and storage.

2 hours ago, fruitloop said:

If my woodland was flat , that would be absolutely perfect. 

1 hour ago, MARSH GUN said:

A small quad should be capable of pulling logs about. The Yamaha RX100 clones from china &taiwan are common and are not usually expensive. Gumtree or local auctions or free ads shoul get you a few to look at.

Look for ADLY rx100, or Mota roma blster . Aeon RT100. GEO Tomahawk 100.

These ATVs are Youth sized, have Copies of the minarelli horizontal engine and Variomatic transmission, and final drive by chain. Nice simple reliable mechanics, parts readily available. Being two strokes they have devent power and are mostly fitted with autolube type lubrication systems so no mixing of two stroke needed. Most have kick and electric start. Ideal size for what you want to do. and they will fit in a small van like a VW caddy or similar. It is the way i would go, if you want narrow tracks, they will go where most motorcycles will go and very short wheelbase for transport and storage.

One of these is what I've sort of settled on , unfortunately,  other projects have priority now , so it looks like collecting logs is on the back burner for a while.