The latest 'Hi Tech' shotgun

JohnfromUK

So it's semi auto with some functionality akin to a Shotkam built in?

Despite the marketing spiel 'appealing to Gen Z' and 'Hipster gun' - eagerly lapped up by the Dail Fail's reporter, I can see a genuine use for this, especially if it works reliably, after all a Shotkam is £600 landed.

Give it a couple of years, I'll bet you'll see it or something similar at shooting schools

Ignore the loud beat music, the pathetic masked ninja (that nobody wants to look like) , then examine the features on the gun and it starts to make some sense.
I can't see it being welcomed in the coverts,  but I have heard they are gradually accepting over and unders, so who knows.
I know a few who will eventually own one, if only for the novelty value.

On 09/02/2021 at 13:35, JohnfromUK said:

Aimed at Gen Z (whoever they are?) - or more likely aimed at their bank balances.

Gen Z (Zoomers, rather than Boomers) are these days what most people are thinking of when they talk about Millennials. Born from late 90's through the 00's. 

It looks like its styled to fit video game aesthetics to appeal to a gaming generation, which makes a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Spoon said:

Gen Z (Zoomers, rather than Boomers) are these days what most people are thinking of when they talk about Millennials. Born from late 90's through the 00's. 

It looks like its styled to fit video game aesthetics to appeal to a gaming generation, which makes a lot of sense.

I really hope not, the generation that rapidly empty virtual magazines as they know they will be refilled.

If you are correct, these people really need a REALITY CHECK before being allowed anywhere near a REAL WEAPON!

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I really hope not, the generation that rapidly empty virtual magazines as they know they will be refilled.

If you are correct, these people really need a REALITY CHECK before being allowed anywhere near a REAL WEAPON!

Bit of a sterotype there! I still do a bit of online gaming, are you saying I should hand my licence in and give up my firearms?

My opinion on the gun in question... arriving at a clay shoot with that would be akin to taking a pump or semi auto to a driven shoot at sandringham 🤣

2 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Bit of a sterotype there! I still do a bit of online gaming, are you saying I should hand my licence in and give up my firearms?

My opinion on the gun in question... arriving at a clay shoot with that would be akin to taking a pump or semi auto to a driven shoot at Sandringham. 

No, I would hope as an established shooter of REAL weapons you would be switched on enough to know the difference.

Old news but also just launched a pistol grip version.

£980 for the package, certainly isn't bad.... and for vermin control it would have its uses.

A few negative comments on style but certainly, I have been waiting for gun manufacturers to modernise their practical gun ranges (i.e. not just practical shooting but clays and vermin control as well) where usefulness and purpose is more important than style or two barrels.

• 3 weeks later...