Porsche Macan

countryman

What do you want / need it for?

I’m guessing not off road.

If you reckon on less than 250 miles a day and ideally are involved in a limited company (and so can take advantage of the zero car tax) then look at the electric Jag iPace - there’s some cracking lease deals about. We’re about to get two at work, having done the head scratching, analysis and wanting to spend money that stands a chance of being of benefit to this country (notwithstanding that they’re built in Austria 😆).

6 hours ago, Wylye said:

Jags a bit ordinary though don't you think?

Yes. But with that comes easier / cheaper to take to a main dealer to fix etc,

Weirdly I’ve never got on with the styling of the Cayenne or the Macan; they went out of  date in my eyes as soon as they came out.

We were 99% of the way about to sign up for Tesla’s with a May delivery date (good job Tesla and Jag have commonality of the base charging infrastructure) and went with Jag at the last minute because Tesla’s round these parts are common as muck (as AVB will confirm 😆) and I genuinely believe that we should all do what the continentals do and change our spending habits wherever we can if only to help our country just a little bit more. 

11 hours ago, Mungler said:

What do you want / need it for?

I’m guessing not off road.

If you reckon on less than 250 miles a day and ideally are involved in a limited company (and so can take advantage of the zero car tax) then look at the electric Jag iPace - there’s some cracking lease deals about. We’re about to get two at work, having done the head scratching, analysis and wanting to spend money that stands a chance of being of benefit to this country (notwithstanding that they’re built in Austria 😆).

I admit to be being a Dinosaur but Electric cars are a swear word to an old Petrol head like me, I have a 997 and a Pajero Evolution that I run regularly, I was thinking with the Macan that could replace those 2 and have the  best of both worlds. I never do any serious off roading other than shoot tracks.

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Yes. But with that comes easier / cheaper to take to a main dealer to fix etc,

Weirdly I’ve never got on with the styling of the Cayenne or the Macan; they went out of  date in my eyes as soon as they came out.

We were 99% of the way about to sign up for Tesla’s with a May delivery date (good job Tesla and Jag have commonality of the base charging infrastructure) and went with Jag at the last minute because Tesla’s round these parts are common as muck (as AVB will confirm 😆) and I genuinely believe that we should all do what the continentals do and change our spending habits wherever we can if only to help our country just a little bit more. 

.........over 30yrs and my Landie has never gone out of date.  I have never heard so much rubbish about wasting money because the styling has gone out of date. Must have money to burn.   I drove one of the earlier Porsche and yes , nice motor John. Friend has an electric Jag and surprise surprise it gets him to work and back as it should.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Irrespective of the 0-60, choice between ~like for like Jag & Tesla is a no-brainer in my opinion. Jag all day long.

I seriously believe we need a sea change on how we spend our money. 

I once worked with a very nice chap who had one rule and that was to never buy anything French - he wasn’t a xenophobic, quite the opposite; it was the French government’s nuclear testing at Muruora Atoll that did it for him.

Objectively the Jag is a better can, not opinion, fact.

I definitely concur on not buying French cars and the sentiment of buying British / Commonwealth where possible. 

Whilst Jaguar is owned by Tata they are responsible for a huge number of jobs in the U.K. directly and indirectly. I’m biased though as I’ve done quite well professionally working with / for them.

5 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Whilst Jaguar is owned by Tata they are responsible for a huge number of jobs in the U.K. directly and indirectly. I’m biased though as I’ve done quite well professionally working with / for them.

I'm glad you owned up to this as I couldn't possibly see why you thought the Jag was the best car. The Macan is superior in every way, it drives better, has  better reliability than the Jag. Not an opinion  -  fact.

10 hours ago, Wylye said:

I'm glad you owned up to this as I couldn't possibly see why you thought the Jag was the best car. The Macan is superior in every way, it drives better, has  better reliability than the Jag. Not an opinion  -  fact.

You’re not reading the thread in context. Have another go 😆