Fish and Brexit

The Heron

15 hours ago, Scully said:

We watch and really enjoy the programme about Cornish fishermen each week, one commented after removing a lobster from its pot that it would be worth around fifteen quid, or a hundred and fifteen at Rick Steins. 🙂

Hello, I went to Padstein once, never again, 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I went to Padstein once, never again, 

I had a similar negative experience in Mr Steins restaurant a few years ago. I eat loads of fish Hake, Kippers and sardines being my favourite. But in general most people I know will only eat fish if someone else cooks it for  them as they no idea how to cook it properly 

18 minutes ago, yates said:

I had a similar negative experience in Mr Steins restaurant a few years ago. I eat loads of fish Hake, Kippers and sardines being my favourite. But in general most people I know will only eat fish if someone else cooks it for  them as they no idea how to cook it properly 

Hello, well my friend and I had a traditional pasty and not in one of his establishments , my dear fly fishing friend who died many years ago and has a dedicated seat in the park, it was his favourite place to read the paper and knowing where he liked the view I found it first time, the family went on holiday there over 40 years

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

31 minutes ago, yates said:

It’s not like they couldn’t learn? There’s never been as many programmes on tv showing people how to cook!

I get fed up with the amount of people I see and hear saying they don’t know how to cook!! But they all know what’s goin down in Corrie! 🤣

1 hour ago, Lampwick said:

It’s not like they couldn’t learn? There’s never been as many programmes on tv showing people how to cook!

I get fed up with the amount of people I see and hear saying they don’t know how to cook!! But they all know what’s goin down in Corrie! 🤣

Cooking fish is easy , but cooking fish well takes a bit more skill . I get bass from time to time , when my Mrs cooks it it's nice(she's a good cook despite what I say about her cooking ) , but when her lad cooks it (a fully trained chef) it's absolutely amazing , you just couldn't believe the difference. 

I always think that cooking fish is like cooking pigeon . It tastes amazing when cooked perfectly,  but a minute too long and it's awful.

Just for the record , my Mrs would rather go to the dentist than watch an episode of coronation Street 😅