Ebay madness

aberisle

I have just had an item i had for sale on ebay rejected because it breached their firearms policy, it was a 3d printed adaptor that allows you to reload 3.5" shotshells on a Lee Loadall.They seem to have no problem selling complete Lee Loadall's and every other type reloading type of die, press, scales and a whole load of reloading bits of equipment.

But obviously a couple of bits of 3d printed plastic are highly dangerous.

here is a pic of the offending items 

3 12 recapping set.JPG

Ive sold many a airgun. Listed as large part, small part, and stock. 

Always list that it's nothing that's licenced, or capable of firing a projectile, and in fact it's a 3d printed part of no bearing to firearms. 

What I'd imagine is some **** has reported your item and they've had a look. Is there any others of your type/part on there by other sellers? 

21 minutes ago, Gordon R said:
43 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

What I'd imagine is some **** has reported your item and they've had a look. Is there any others of your type/part on there by other sellers? 

I will take a look and see if it is that its a pretty desperate way of doing business, i believe if you make something or offer a service it either succeeds or fails on its own merits if its a good item people will buy or use it if it is **** it will fail.

I have put the item back up again lets see how long it lasts for this time.

Edited by aberisle

26 minutes ago, holloway said:

Makes you laugh doesn't it ,there is a full hw80 in parts being sold with loads of bids on .

Yup. As I said take the barrel off. Thats a large part. The the cylinder off and maybe the trigger if poss. That's again large part and small parts. Then stock. 

I actually sold the lot and re ensembled it to post. 

Ive been banned for pathetic stuff on there, been selling on and off since 2006. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got banned for selling a lawnmower last time. Because I gave the seller my phone number in a message as he wanted a few more details. Bang. Banned for 2 weeks. I just got the misses to message him on her account. The ******** still deducted my account for fees even tho i hadn't sold it through them. 

Also you see silencers every so often listed as barrel weights.

Anyway after years, I'm leaving ebay soon, their policy's and new payment systems are ****. I'll have to go on marketplace and battle it out against all the stolen junk you see on there. 

Rant over 

8 hours ago, Graham M said:

oooooh, fleebay has boiled my p1zz this week. Took the brand new stock and fore-end off my Beretta and replaced it with some nice Turkish wood. Last week I decided to sell the old (brand new) woodwork on fleabay. Gave an accurate description and sold  it For £220, which at that price (very plain wood) sold within hours to a chap in Scotland.

Posted it off and after a couple of days received a reply and a good feedback.

I then got a message from fleabay telling me that my money had been put on hold until March 2nd as they had no way of knowing if it had been delivered (even though it had a tracking number). Today I received another email telling me that the hold was being extended until March 13th.

Tried going through the site to get some more info' but because it was on hold, any reference to the item was simply referred to as on hold, and therefore not available for any information being given about it.

Tried phoning but every number is pre-programmed with the same recorded message telling you to go onto their site and look up etc,etc,etc.

In the end I got so frustrated I went onto the site to close my account, at which point I was given the opportunity to get them to call me to find out why I was leaving.

OK, great, let's do that. Some hope. 5 minutes later got an email telling me that my number was unreachable and to go to my account and update it.

At this point I was coming up to the point of exploding.

I then saw a link to speak on a messaging board on which I actually had the option to speak to a real live operative.

Went on, and got through to a call center (in India I think) and was able to explain the situation.

His English grammar was a little off, but Asish was actually able to sort it out, and an hour ago my money was put into my account.

Three bleedin' days it took me to sort this out and I had to threaten to close my account before I could actually get someone to help me.

Won't be selling anything again if I can help it. 

Thats one of the new policys. They will hold money for a few days before they release it into your account, where as before it went straight into PayPal. 

i stopped selling after i got hit twice by scammers. Sold an item than got the Significantly Not as described message but another message straight after offering to negotiate. This is apparently what some do - over pay then try to get back some of their money with a SNAD claim / negotiation just after. Very irritating as no matter how outlandish the claim ebay will almost always side with the buyer   

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2021 at 08:49, quentyn said:

i stopped selling after i got hit twice by scammers. Sold an item than got the Significantly Not as described message but another message straight after offering to negotiate. This is apparently what some do - over pay then try to get back some of their money with a SNAD claim / negotiation just after. Very irritating as no matter how outlandish the claim ebay will almost always side with the buyer   

About ten years ago I ended up on a bus packed with kids going to the local sixth form college. One very gobby individual was proudly telling the whole bus his tricks for scamming stuff on ebay. Smug little B was so proud of himself.