CHEAP CHEAP AIR PISTOL

blueeyes

Hi guys looking for one of the above , my grandson is going to try his hand at trapping mink, cage trap,so need something to humanely dispatch them, dont care what it looks like as long as it can put a pellet where it matters , and post, and yes I have a licence , and I will be accompanying him, PMs please whats available many thanks for taking the time to read

A mink can have a pretty tough skull and im not so sure that 5 fpe even from a .22 would be quite enough to dispatch  it cleanly .(obviously  I've never tried shooting a mink ) but if you do go down the pistol route go for a co2 single shot type 

Like a crosman 2240 or the smk cp1  / cp2 

The crosman 2250 (short carbine rifle that does 8 fpe ) in .22 might be a bit more suitable. 

• 3 weeks later...

I once got an air pistol, as when ferreting sometimes when they were really tightly curled up and stuck in a net it would be easier to shoot it quick and sort it out after. But I got one, can’t remember which, I think a multi pump, and the pellet just bounced off it’s head!

years before I’d had a co2 revolver for killing tin cans, and that was really powerful, it was nicked though unfortunately.