Shooting clubs near middlesborough?

Dave-G

Our youngest has recently moved jobs to Middlesborough - and bought a first time buyer new house there on his own (impressive for an under 30 years old single bloke these days I think)

He's expressed an interest in target shooting - and I'd like to gift him my FAC air rifle and eventually leave him my Sako Quad .22LR and HMR barrel: so he'll need an FAC.

Soo I'm wondering whats about up there - both club wise and maybe later some rat and rabbit shooting. He's got a good head on his shoulders and is seriously responsible and mature.

He's not on any shooting forums but is coming home for a couple of days tomorrow (support bubble) so could read any replies to this.  Any help or thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. 

2 hours ago, saddler said:

Teesdale Pistol & Rifle Club are one of the clubs I am in
Usually we have very regular range dates at the Catterick sites

There is also, strangely, a club called Teesdale Rifle and Pistol Club.
I'm not in that one.

Wow - that's got my dyslexia working overtime lol - thank you, I'll show him this tomorrow.

Ian where is spennymoor clay pigeon clubs rifle range? Would like to try it.

Drop magnan357 and Hawkeye a pm, they both shoot centre fires and are members of local rifle clubs. I know there is a 25m indoor range along the A66 at Middlesbrough and also Hartlepool gun club a indoor rifle range.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Ian where is spennymoor clay pigeon clubs rifle range? Would like to try it.

Drop magnan357 and Hawkeye a pm, they both shoot centre fires and are members of local rifle clubs. I know there is a 25m indoor range along the A66 at Middlesbrough and also Hartlepool gun club a indoor rifle range.

Was wondering this too
Had a look at the website & no mention of it

Always interested in new venues to get a few rounds down range or test out new loads, etc.

I'm a member of TVTS. There's an indoor range for FAC (up to pistol calibres) and an air gun / archery range.  We also use an outdoor range at moorsome and have regular days at Cattereick with the occasional trip to Bisley too. Unfortunately it's all closed at the moment but worth considering if living in Boro as it's open (when we're not suffering from Covid restrictions) in the evening. Gutted as I've just started work in Boro and pass the club every day. 

3 hours ago, Sco77w said:

I'm a member of TVTS. There's an indoor range for FAC (up to pistol calibres) and an air gun / archery range.  We also use an outdoor range at moorsome and have regular days at Cattereick with the occasional trip to Bisley too. Unfortunately it's all closed at the moment but worth considering if living in Boro as it's open (when we're not suffering from Covid restrictions) in the evening. Gutted as I've just started work in Boro and pass the club every day. 

TVTS being?

• 3 weeks later...