Leatherman multi tool

Ebony1022

I have a few Leatherman tools and wouldn't part with any of them.

My first was a Leatherman Wave.  I carried it on my belt for many years until the leather pouch gave up.

Some years ago I broke the bone blade, and kept intending to return the tool to Weatherby in Kendal for repair, but never did.

A few years ago I had to be in Kendal on business, ans needed to stay overnight.  I took the opportunity to drop the tool off for repair.  They advised that they couldn't repair whilst I waited, but that it would be ready for collection in the morning which was fine by me.

The following morning I collected a blue plastic bag and dropped it into my jacket pocked, and the made the drive home.

Whilst dressing for work I removed the tool from the bag, but to my distress I found a brand new latest model tool.  I agree that most people would be over the moon, but not me.

My original had my name engraved on it.  It had been used by my son to remove my clothing when I was injured and burned in an explosion.  I had promised the tool to my only Grandson upon my demise.

I quickly contacted Weatherby; they explained that they no longer repaired the tools as it was generly more cost effective to issue a replacement.

I explained the situation, offered to pay for the new tool and requested the return of my old faithful.

Weatherby understood the situation and offered to return the tool to the USA for repair if possible.

Several weeks later my old tool landed through the letter box.  Repaired, serviced, sharpened, polished.

I contacted Weatherby again to thank them for the exceptional customer service, and to offer to pay for the replacement once more.

Weatherby explained that the story had touched them greatly, and that I was welcome to the tool with their sincere good wishes for the future.

I don't think that customer service could get much better than this.

Leatherman Multi Tools have been much copied and imitated over the years, but never bettered in my opinion.

webber