Good news for me at last

nobbyathome

Three weeks ago my son Steve broke his leg in a silly accident and it was quite a bad open break 3 plates later and told he will be off work for about 6 month really put me in the doldrums today his Mrs had a baby girl 7 lb 10 oz  delivered by c section the baby is healthy and well so I am a grandad for the second time  it’s going to be hard for them over the next few months but a little girl is just perfect  

I broke my leg 3 weeks before I got married which was bad enough, I had an intramedullary nail fitted which was all kinds of fun! Fortunately I didn't have to carry a newborn baby around on my crutches. Tell him to enjoy his codeine fuelled sleep whilst he can, my little one is 2 now and she doesn't sleep very much at all!!!

Just now, team tractor said:

I wish him a speedy recovery. It’s a life changing accident with so many nerves etc that can be damaged. 
funny thing is I got my mrs ( now ex) pregnant while I had a broken leg 🤣.

congratulations on the little one . In a world of such misery a new baby is a great thing . 

Funnily enough first night home I was lying in the sofa bed, leg up on a pile of pillows, the drugs had worn off and I was hurting and the soon to be wife appears in the doorway apparently 'to check you weren't dead' and took advantage of me 😂😂

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

I broke my leg 3 weeks before I got married which was bad enough, I had an intramedullary nail fitted which was all kinds of fun! Fortunately I didn't have to carry a newborn baby around on my crutches. Tell him to enjoy his codeine fuelled sleep whilst he can, my little one is 2 now and she doesn't sleep very much at all!!!

Funnily enough first night home I was lying in the sofa bed, leg up on a pile of pillows, the drugs had worn off and I was hurting and the soon to be wife appears in the doorway apparently 'to check you weren't dead' and took advantage of me 😂😂

I had an external fixator with constant infections. Brilliant idea tho .  

I passed out twice with the pain , morphine, gas and air 😂. My foot was dangling 🤣

If he plays his cards right he can avoid all night feeds and most nappy changing for the first month or so on the premise that he can't move as he needs to with the broken leg.

Just ensure he doesn't Play it too much lest the wife breaks the other one to match.

Hope his recovery goes well 👍