Wearing shorts in winter

blackbird

The farm hand on one of the farms I shoot on wears wellies, shorts and a T-shirt all year round, his legs are blue this time of year but never seems to feel the cold, I was standing in the farm yard the other day having a chat with him, I had my thermal trousers on, a shirt and thick jumper, a body warmer and top coat and it was bloody cold, I said aren't you cold, he just said, no not really, must be mad.

26 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Tell that to my 10 year old nephew. He just prefers a life in shorts. Last resorts he'll turn to trousers, but otherwise he's happy. 

My 11 year old grandson is the same, but he plays football at every opportunity and just doesn't seem to feel the cold

2 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I tend to wear shorts from end of march through to October for every thing  other than church

I wear shorts for church as much as possible, and I work there 4-5 days a week! Go on, you know you want to 😃

I'm trying to wear them earlier and later each year, but May to October/November is the sweet spot for me. However it was -18'c last night and that is not comfortable in the slightest, however I have to say it is something that you can get used to as i was scraping the ice and snow off the car this afternoon in just jeans, t shirt and a hoodie and it was  -1.5'c

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

I asked why of one why they wear shorts, answer was "legs dry faster than trousers" so for most of the year it is more comfortable.

Ronnie Coleman, I think at the time two time Mr Olympia world champion bodybuilder was once asked why he worked full time as a cop. 

He replied “Ain’t many jobs let me wear shorts to work!” 

🤣🤣

I have worn shorts everyday for work for the last 12 years. Whether I am in a meeting with the FD of some multi national company, or a local factory, shorts it is.  I started with cancer 12 years ago, 9 tumours and 8 operations later including innumerable biopsies I cannot wear long pants as it rubs on the scarring if I kneel down or stretch. So it's shorts and braces.

well, it was until,a few weeks ago. Call from social services to try to get some lectric on to a property . "Meet us outside, it's NOT good. Disposable boiler suit, double gloves, vapour rub inside the mask.  DONT wear your shorts as if you kneel down you don't want anything seeping through boiler suit direct on to your flesh. See you at 1000h"

they were correct, it wasn't good. 2 un house trained dogs , 1" of dog excreta EVERYWHERE, it was like a bitumen road. Cleanest place to put tools was on top of toaster, which was home to a mummified 🐭 ,!

comdemned it, cut supply off.

at that point I realised the pain wasn't as bad as expected, so it's been trackies bottoms for 2 weeks along with warm legs. Prob go back to,the shorts atbend of Feb though