Valentines

team tractor

The ( new ? ) girlfriend has always said she wants the chopping board I made for my ex wife . I thought besides the usual chocolate and flowers I’d surprise her . 
she’s into all wooden gifts etc 

its all end grain and set me back 3-4 hours but I hope she likes it .

1682E0B2-25DC-412A-9E9B-72AFFFAD80F4.jpeg

Looks non symmetrical in the pics 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Very nice, but when will you learn?

? Learn ??? 

women ? 😂

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

THAT! with your expertise and equipment took you 3 to 4 hrs ????   OH! forgot I suppose you had to let the glue dry:yahoo:

No, joking apart that is a nice tidy job and could not have done better myself. Could have intersperesed the light wood a bit better, but keep practising.:yay:

😂 cheers nev 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

what a strange request.............proberly wants to put your nuts on it when the time comes...

😂 none left after my divorce 

35 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Tidy job that is nath 👍.

Cheers dude 

27 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Black walnut ? 

What you have achieved there is a lot harder than it looks .excellent  job .

Nah!! Don't over do it. It may look terribly complicated but in fact if you have a bench saw and planer/thicknesser, plus a band saw then it is a piece of cake.  No kidding and I think Nathan will agree, it is a lot easier than it looks with the right kit. Just time and patience.  I was joshing him on how long to do the job, but a large part is waiting for the glue to dry between each stage.   Come on Nathan do a Ditchie with a full rundown as to how it is done.

Edited by Walker570

Never really been into Valentines , no point in starting something that you don't intend to continue , mind you , I did once go down to the Pizza takaway and on Valentines  night they done the Pizzas in a heart shape and when I got home my wife thought I had gone all lovey dovey as she thought I had ordered it , didn't have the heart ( no pun ) to tell her that was how they come :lol:

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Never really been into Valentines , no point in starting something that you don't intend to continue , mind you , I did once go down to the Pizza takaway and on Valentines  night they done the Pizzas in a heart shape and when I got home my wife thought I had gone all lovey dovey as she thought I had ordered it , didn't have the heart ( no pun ) to tell her that was how they come 

Yup. same here.  Once sent a card I think and that was before we got married......  closing on 58yrs to the same old hen so cannot have made that much difference.

3 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Black walnut ? 

What you have achieved there is a lot harder than it looks .excellent  job .

sapele and oak 👍
The biggest mistake I made last time was not machining enough pieces 😂
thank you 👍😎

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

Bought my Mrs a new ironing board for Valentines, shes been complaining for ages that its old and difficult to set up. 

Shes going to be well happy. 👍

Mine wanted the latest I phone , I pad so I got her the latest I ron 

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

Mine is having crow decoys 👍

😂

Edited by team tractor

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Nah!! Don't over do it. It may look terribly complicated but in fact if you have a bench saw and planer/thicknesser, plus a band saw then it is a piece of cake.  No kidding and I think Nathan will agree, it is a lot easier than it looks with the right kit. Just time and patience.  I was joshing him on how long to do the job, but a large part is waiting for the glue to dry between each stage.   Come on Nathan do a Ditchie with a full rundown as to how it is done.

I’ll do it tomorrow 😂
You’ve seen all our kit so you know how lucky we are .

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done TT, have a nice Valentine's day👍

Cheers I’ll certainly try . After 8 years and 2 kids with the ex wife I have to say it’s strange this year .

2 hours ago, lampro said:

I know what my missus.whould say on valentine's and give her a chopping board

I know . Most women would hate it but the mrs is into this sort of thing plus she’s got me 😂

2 hours ago, Diver One said:

Just bought present wife a "Pet urine torch" from Lidl for Valentine's Day 

she seems happy enough with it, it's the thought that counts:apparently!&

Urine torch 😂

2 hours ago, moondoggy said:

Elvis would be jealous!

You’ve lost me ??? Maybe I’m too young . 
help me out 😁

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Never really been into Valentines , no point in starting something that you don't intend to continue , mind you , I did once go down to the Pizza takaway and on Valentines  night they done the Pizzas in a heart shape and when I got home my wife thought I had gone all lovey dovey as she thought I had ordered it , didn't have the heart ( no pun ) to tell her that was how they come :lol:

😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Yup. same here.  Once sent a card I think and that was before we got married......  closing on 58yrs to the same old hen so cannot have made that much difference.

When we were going through the growing up process we found out you sent the girls you liked a card on Valentines day , as money was tight , or I wasn't sure I really like her  I sifted through the boxes under the stairs and found a Christmas card that was unused , this was ideal as it cost me nothing , I wish I could say it had a happy ending but she never mentioned it and ended up in one of the brainy classes at the junior school before moving on to a grammar school ,while I went to a secondary modern school , although I never worked out where the modern bit came from :lol: