Copper pellets

TRINITY

Due to lockdown boredom I bought some HN copper magnum pellets to try in my 177 R10. 

With AADiablo field I can group in 10p coin at 30 yards no problem. Shot 10 copper at a standard 6inch pellet catcher box and only 2 actually hit the card, where the other 8 finished I have no clue. Put 10 lead in and once more all in the 10p dia zone. Back to copper again and only 3 got in the card. They were a total disaster. Anyone out there found them to be reasonably accurate or have you had the same results as I have.

Was it these pellets ? 

If it was I have some of those in lead .and the are useless beyond compare (its not the copper element ,I believe  they are lead coated in copper ) the shape and weight and everything about them are just wrong for accurate shooting .(even at high power ) 

H+n do a barracuda copper pellet and these can shoot very very well out of a bsa barrel .

Even the lead free barracudas shoot pretty good from my bsas .

They don't retained enough energy for hunting imo. Though 

Screenshot_20210211-183233_Chrome.jpg

I've had several people beingbthere guns to the shop saying there was something wrong with it and then shown me the pellets.

Suggested different pellets and they haven't been back for a repair/service....

Also had to clear several barrels due to these pellets being stuck.

Probably just as many people happy with them though.

Edd

16 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Solid copper as far as I am aware. They are also not the standard pellet shape, more like a bullet. Could be aerodynamics and not the copper itself, who knows ?

are all the holes in the paper perfectly round?

thats the first thing to establish, whether they are keyholing 

14 hours ago, figgy said:

If the powers that be get their way we will all be using them and tin pellets in the future.

Yerr, eu want to ban them but if they do it won’t mean they’re banned here as this latest lead ban proposal was a month after we left. Anyway, all this effort that has been put into the new slugs will have been a waste of time and investment for the manufacturers. 

2 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

Yerr, eu want to ban them but if they do it won’t mean they’re banned here as this latest lead ban proposal was a month after we left. Anyway, all this effort that has been put into the new slugs will have been a waste of time and investment for the manufacturers. 

Not sure we have left by all accounts?

The more that comes out seems to illustrate the **** up?

7 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

Not really .

There are lead free slugs in development .

Granted these won't expand like slugs do ,but then current  pellets don't expand much either .

So a lead free slug running around current average pellets weight with a higher bc than a pellet  could actually  work better than pellets do at the moment .

Biggest issue will be cost  

13 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Not really .

There are lead free slugs in development .

Granted these won't expand like slugs do ,but then current  pellets don't expand much either .

So a lead free slug running around current average pellets weight with a higher bc than a pellet  could actually  work better than pellets do at the moment .

Biggest issue will be cost  

It took them long enough to get lead ones to work properly, and some of them still don’t.

18 hours ago, old man said:

Not sure we have left by all accounts?

The more that comes out seems to illustrate the **** up?

Not a remoaner by any chance?

2 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

It took them long enough to get lead ones to work properly, and some of them still don’t.

Not a remoaner by any chance?

Nope, couldn't wait to exit, should have never gone in for closer political aims, Major was probably under the influence of hot spice so was rewarded a Knighthood for his failure? Brilliant.

41 minutes ago, old man said:

Nope, couldn't wait to exit, should have never gone in for closer political aims, Major was probably under the influence of hot spice so was rewarded a Knighthood for his failure? Brilliant.

Hello, that's an interesting thought, hot spice, I remember his slogan, back to basics, I would have said , a hot Curry 🤔