EON

DUNKS

Had a message today to say that to safeguard me and their staff they would like to fit me a smart meter.  I just had to phone them to ask how a smart meter would protect us all when the guys would have to come into my house to fit the meter. Putting them and us at risk from the virus Ah yes sir but the meter reader will not be coming into your house! BUT THEY STOPPED READING METERS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!  I have to phone it in or it's estimated. She wished me a good day and hung up.

I have just moved to EON as they offered me a much better deal. So far no mention of the pointless smart meter.

I have previously been supplied by some of the smaller companies who seem to have absolutely no intention of sending out the smart metres.

The first generation of smart metres were only set up for one company which caused problems when changing supplier.

The second generation can work across the range.

I know that when I want heat or light I am paying for it, as already said, a finger on a switch is the best way to control things.

The smart metres are a big fiddle, the firms state they are free, but the customer is paying for them in the bills.

I am happy to take the two readings and send them in once a month if necessary.

My supplier refused to change my meter when it kept me awake for nights on end making a loud intermittent buzzing noise. Eventually fixed it myself at 3am one night by giving it a substantial wallop on the side. 2 years later they are very insistent that they come and fit a smart meter for no reason at all, they can sod right off!

36 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The smart metres are a big fiddle, the firms state they are free, but the customer is paying for them in the bills.

Correct - we are all (smart meter or old meter) paying for them through a levy on energy prices.

29 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Switch to Octopus, best prices I've seen and they never hassle me for anything other than a meter reading

I have also been pleased with Octopus.