Boot jack question.

samboy

Hi gang.

Will continuous use of pulling wellies off with a boot jack cause damage to the heels eventually ?.

Thanks all.

2 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Will continuous use of pulling wellies off with a boot jack cause damage to the heels eventually ?.

Thanks all.

In my experience Yes

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, depends what kind of boot jack,

I like the type almost like a child's scooter with a handlebar to hold onto (I have two of those at home) and a small wooden one (free gift from LeChameau) which I keep in the LandRover.  All have a rounder 'boot socket' shape.

You’re going to damage your boots pulling them off without a boot jack if they are that tight 🤔

anyway the boot jack comes in many different designes 

this is one of the most popular things that the customers kid’s want to make in my workshop for there dads / mums Christmas presents 

there designs vary enormously but the foot plate is usually big enough for a shoe from their horses 

image.jpg