Just cartridges announce price increase

I also received the email, I’ve only used them once as it was convenient, normally cheaper and far more convenient to buy at one of my local rfd’s and of course the added bonus of supporting local. 

edit to add :- I saw the email as a marketing ploy because business may be slow, I of course could be complete wrong 

Edited by Spr1985

Didn't take them long did it, no one's shooting so no one's buying yet they're increasing the prices, it will be on whatever stock the have too.

I've only used them to buy carts I couldn't get elsewhere, bought a slab and made the rest up with cheap clay carts to get the amount for delivery. That was years ago.

Don't like the prices they charge.

They do tend to set the price around the oxford area and there aren't many cheaper in the area, I do tend to try and buy at least a 1000 or more if I go there.

Shooting is slowly but surely eating it's self. The less we buy the more they have to charge no different to the oil and energy companies.

Local shops in Bristol seem to charge the same as Just Cartridges anyway, but with JC you can get what ones you want, not turn up at a shop they promises to have something and then doesn’t have them after you drive there. 

The added incentive of them being dropped off to your front door whilst you are working from home is also very helpful as Im better off financially doing an hours work than taking an hour out of my day to go and collect some from the local shop. 

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Local shops in Bristol seem to charge the same as Just Cartridges anyway, but with JC you can get what ones you want, not turn up at a shop they promises to have something and then doesn’t have them after you drive there. 

The added incentive of them being dropped off to your front door whilst you are working from home is also very helpful as Im better off financially doing an hours work than taking an hour out of my day to go and collect some from the local shop. 

Lloyd, I do believe the telephone has been invented some time ago, has it not reached Bristol yet?

If and it isn't very often, if I want a particular cartridge, I ring around and secure them before setting off!

Simples.

simples.jpg

Guest cookoff013

i remember trying to buy shells years ago. (i`ve all but stopped shooting now. but i should start again.) .

when i asked for some 28gram #6s the quote was £400/k !

i could make them for half that price !

good luck to all manufacturers

Just ordered 1k hull sporting  100s  from local farm services cheaper than Just Cartridges no delivery they get a delivery once a week, and I am  supporting local company 

Chap I deal with at farm supplies shop confirmed Hull and Gamebore have both got price increases on the way. Fella he called in front of me ordered 6,000 carts 

atb Agriv8

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Lloyd, I do believe the telephone has been invented some time ago, has it not reached Bristol yet?

If and it isn't very often, if I want a particular cartridge, I ring around and secure them before setting off!

Simples.

simples.jpg

Tell that to the numerous gunshops they advertise products as in stock only for you to turn up and they say “oh we just sold that!” ... yeah right!

Steve B Wales and I both had the misfortune of using one gunshop who’d tell you they had what you needed only for you to drive a long way and they wouldn’t have any!! 

I phone the local gunshops the staff often haven’t have the details you want they just say things like “we have gamebore or Hull”, can’t tell you what ones I’ve the phone, lucky if you get a brand and certitude name let alone find out if they got 28g 6’s or 36g 6’s. 

Just cartridges are significantly easier as I said. 

Also if I want a mix of different carts I get exactly what I want. Not being told they have one cartridge I want in but don’t have the others. 

5 minutes ago, Wylye said:

I wouldn't take too much notice of this if I were you. None of the manufacturers are talking about price rises. Charlie Bull has a shed full of cartridges and not many customers so draw your own conclusion.

On the other hand we've just been primed to expect a price rise so when we're out and about again and need to top up we won't be surprised that we have to pay more and Mr Bull cleans up.