Lockdown project

aberisle

I am currently on furlough and the travel restrictions mean i cant get out Wildfowling as often as i would like so i decided to make myself a Wildfowling Leg Mutton gun bag ( this should probably go in the crafts section, but its Wildfowling related so its going here)

The bag is made from 1000d waterproof cordura and is lined with fleece to protect the gun it has a velcro and buckle closure i  have also put a large A4 sized pocket on the back where i keep a laminated copy of my SGC and copies of the legal rules regarding Wildfowling in Scotland so when the cops turn up and dont know the law  ( it happened in the past) i can just hand them the legal papers and say read this while i pack the car!

it is all hand sewn if i had a sewing machine it would be neater with less blood stains on it, but all the stitching is secure and it should do the job.

100_0755.JPG

100_0756.JPG

100_0757.JPG

100_0758.JPG

Edited by aberisle

1 hour ago, aberisle said:

I am currently on furlough and the travel restrictions mean i cant get out Wildfowling as often as i would like so i decided to make myself a Wildfowling Leg Mutton gun bag ( this should probably go in the crafts section, but its Wildfowling related so its going here)

The bag is made from 1000d waterproof cordura and is lined with fleece to protect the gun it has a velcro and buckle closure i  have also put a large A4 sized pocket on the back where i keep a laminated copy of my SGC and copies of the legal rules regarding Wildfowling in Scotland so when the cops turn up and dont know the law  ( it happened in the past) i can just hand them the legal papers and say read this while i pack the car!

it is all hand sewn if i had a sewing machine it would be neater with less blood stains on it, but all the stitching is secure and it should do the job.

100_0755.JPG

100_0756.JPG

100_0757.JPG

100_0758.JPG

good job, you could also sit on it !

• 2 weeks later...

It  was quite easy to make it took me about a week off and on i reckon someone who knew how to use a sewing machine  could make one in no time at all, the hardest bit was planning the order in which each section had to be sewn on.

The materials for it cost about £20 and i have extra left over to make a few other things.

4 hours ago, aberisle said:

It  was quite easy to make it took me about a week off and on i reckon someone who knew how to use a sewing machine  could make one in no time at all, the hardest bit was planning the order in which each section had to be sewn on.

The materials for it cost about £20 and i have extra left over to make a few other things.

May I ask what is the material you used as would like to have a go myself as my gunslip is on it's last legs?

I got  most of the materials from here :https://www.contactleft.co.uk/diy-tactical-buckles-fabrics.html

They sell the 1000d cordura and webbing for the straps and all the clips and buckles, velcro etc you will need for  making a gunslip, i got the fleece liner from ebay look under "sherpa fleece".

The cordura and fleece are sold in 1 by 1.5 metre lengths so you  might even get enough to do 2 gun slips, i have made some other stuff from the extra i had left over.

If you are hand sewing it you will probably need a box of plasters😀

Another good resource to look up is sewing for guys, it sounds dodgy but here is the link:

12 hours ago, aberisle said:

I got  most of the materials from here :https://www.contactleft.co.uk/diy-tactical-buckles-fabrics.html

They sell the 1000d cordura and webbing for the straps and all the clips and buckles, velcro etc you will need for  making a gunslip, i got the fleece liner from ebay look under "sherpa fleece".

The cordura and fleece are sold in 1 by 1.5 metre lengths so you  might even get enough to do 2 gun slips, i have made some other stuff from the extra i had left over.

If you are hand sewing it you will probably need a box of plasters😀

Another good resource to look up is sewing for guys, it sounds dodgy but here is the link:

Thanks and might as well give it a go