PCP Air rifles and Cold Weather ???

oldypigeonpopper

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH Stu, I wouldn't trust Belas to tell me the time in a room full of clocks, the daystate magazine has, as far as I know, remained unchanged for many years and presumably the breach design? But I'm just shooting the breeze here, the only HW110 I had any experience with was stupidly accurate, ugly though and I glady bow down to your knowledge on this matter 👍.

If it was that bad of an issue, and common, no one would buy an HW100 or 110 🤔 All manufacturers put out the odd dodgy one,,,, Friday afternoon guns they're called aren't they ?

I'm only relating my experiences,,,, not anyone else's or 2nd hand "knowledge" 😉

Just now, bruno22rf said:

Nothing less than a public flogging, 2 hours compulsary listening to the Spice Girls and 2 bars of Ex Lax can forgive your error JKD.

Hahaha,,,, no error on my part. Was relating info on my 100, and replying to similar, assuming the 110 was very similar. I stick by my experiences, and possibilities of issues regarding the OP's 110 😁

21 minutes ago, clangerman said:

your sooo right mine drops them like a brick whatever the temp 

Think we may be in the minority here clangerman, Stu is p****d as a newt and I think and everybody else has failed to notice that their HW's are made from the same plastic as Airfix. If everybody bought an S510 there would be nothing to debate on these cold wintery nights.

Edited by bruno22rf

Just now, bruno22rf said:

Think we may be in the minority here clangerman, Stu is p****d as a newt I think and everybody else has failed to notice that their HW's are made from the same plastic as Airfix. If everybody bought an S510 there would be nothing to debate on these cold wintery nights.

there’s plenty of fans mate most who come out with me start of using all sorts of air rifles but they all end up buying air arms if i had one complaint it would be the price but you have to pay for quality 

Agree 100% but the AA guns just get on and do the job dont they? TBH Stu knows more about ballistics etc than I could ever know and he champions the BSA brand so they must be pretty good. I've had just about every gun available, apart from Ripley, and I just seem to have an affinity with the AA PCP's , had my first SM100 about 20 years ago and been smitten ever since. Made the mistake about 2 years ago of thinking that there must be something out there even better than the 2 S410's  that I was using on a large vermin control perm for several years, sold them and bougfht a Wildcat. Now, dont get me wrong here, the Cat is a superb gun, but is it better than the S410 in the real world? NO - it's just different and more expensive.

Edited by bruno22rf

7 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Agree 100% but the AA guns just get on and do the job dont they? TBH Stu knows more about ballistics etc than I could ever know and he champions the BSA brand so they must be pretty good. I've had just about every gun available, apart from Ripley, and I just seem to have an affinity with the AA PCP's , had my first SM100 about 20 years ago and been smitten ever since. Made the mistake about 2 years ago of thinking that there must be something out there even better than the 2 S410's  that I was using on a large vermin control perm for several years, sold them and bougfht a Wildcat. Now, dont get me wrong here, the Cat is a superb gun, but is it better than the S410 in the real world? NO - it's just different and more expensive.

used a lot of makes until i borrowed a s200 never looked back friend had a hw on approval summer time nice looking until it jammed all day next time out showed up with a new s410 think they are just the go to tool 

Hello, yes the 110 sports a weaver rail, so not being sure on the breach material for wear and tear I bought a full length 125 mm adapter to dovetail then fitted a pair of quality 30 mm Medium mounts which brings the Photon to perfect eye alignment , my idea of using a hand warmer in rifle bag seems to work ok, it should keep the 110 from getting cold in motor, 

IMHO the HW's are let down by HC reputation for poor customer service - used to shoot with a mate on a Rabbit control job in Cambs and he was deadly  with his HW100 - but after a couple of years it developed a leak and went back to HC 3 times and was never fixed - hand on heart , he gave it away and bought an S510 which he has to this day. The S410 suffers from being boring I think and suffers in sales because of this, but if you are not bothered by the lack of weaver rails or the attempt to look like something that G.I. joe would carry, then buying one is the best decision you will ever make. 

Edited by bruno22rf

50 minutes ago, Mice! said:

🍿🍿🍿😳😳😳

Saying an Ultra is better than a 410, this could get messy 😅😅

It will only get  messy with AA fan boys 

😂😂

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

IMHO the HW's are let down by HC reputation for poor customer service - used to shoot with a mate on a Rabbit control job in Cambs and he was deadly  with his HW100 - but after a couple of years it developed a leak and went back to HC 3 times and was never fixed - hand on heart , he gave it away and bought an S510 which he has to this day. The S410 suffers from being boring I think and suffers in sales because of this, but if you are not bothered by the lack of weaver rails or the attempt to look like something that G.I. joe would carry, then buying one is the best decision you will ever make. 

They also suffered from pitted barrels as well 

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Give me HW 100 or 110 over AA any day and yes had a s410 but sold it for. BSA ultra , best thing I did 

Coincidentally, alongside my HW100, I too own a BSA Ultra🙂 Have never had hard-to-fix accuracy issues in either. Only ever needed small tweaks/fixes.

I've handled and shot many makes, including the AA's. Chose what fitted 😉

The OP's issue could also be an easy fix,,,, if it can be identified 🤔