PCP Air rifles and Cold Weather ???

oldypigeonpopper

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

To a man you've all missed the obvious solution.....buy an S510.

Yes , had one . Very accurate . Safety fell out of the trigger, and one evening after driving 35 miles to a rabbit control job on the Wirral. The magazine indexing arm broke after a couple of shots , and I nearly had to let a new client/perm down! (Saved by my back up HW95K) .Sorry they don't get a second chance with me. Never had such problems with the Scorpion se , R10se , or HW110.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Longbower said:

Yes , had one . Very accurate . Safety fell out of the trigger, and one evening after driving 35 miles to a rabbit control job on the Wirral. The magazine indexing arm broke after a couple of shots , and I nearly had to let a new client/perm down! (Saved by my back up HW95K) .Sorry they don't get a second chance with me. Never had such problems with the Scorpion se , R10se , or HW110.  

The gun works without the safety + unless you need to fire 10 shots in rapid, why could you not index the mag by hand? Still quicker than cocking and loading a 95 I would have thought? All I can add is that my 2 S410's were both second hand when I bought them and were used heavily for at least 7-8 years without a single break down. 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

The gun works without the safety + unless you need to fire 10 shots in rapid, why could you not index the mag by hand? Still quicker than cocking and loading a 95 I would have thought? All I can add is that my 2 S410's were both second hand when I bought them and were used heavily for at least 7-8 years without a single break down. 

Hi Bruno , re index by hand , could have done , but didn't  . I was just annoyed ! 

Once mine was fixed , it too was fine for ages.