Six nations today

lampro

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

He had to clear out or lose the ball but then got the red card, barely made contact and it always looks worse in slow mo twenty times.

Really enjoyed the game, thought it was played in great spirit,  I thought Scotland were better but Wales took there chances,  with some great finishing and skill.

Imagine the noise if the ground had been full.

Yes you got to clear out but if you do not wrap your arms you get a penalty against you in this case he got red carded surely he looked at last weeks red card. All he could see was a chance to have a  cheap shot and he paid the price for it 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, fatchap said:

I think it won't be long before Italy actually turn up and shock everyone, at the moment the other 5 teams know they are going to thrash them and its points on the board, but one year I reckon it will be a shocker.

IIRC they have turned up in the past, I'm pretty sure that England are the only six Nations team not to have been beaten by Italy. Pretty sure they even won in France.

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

All he could see was a chance to have a  cheap shot and he paid the price for it 

I don't think it was a cheap shot, he only just caught him, but yes he's contacted the head.

Its going to get to the point that they can't clear out.

How long before the player running the ball in is penalised for hitting the head of the tackler?

52 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I don't think it was a cheap shot, he only just caught him, but yes he's contacted the head.

Its going to get to the point that they can't clear out.

How long before the player running the ball in is penalised for hitting the head of the tackler?

I agree but the law is the law i played in the day when if you stuck your head in the way you didn't do it a second time 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

I agree but the law is the law i played in the day when if you stuck your head in the way you didn't do it a second time 

And your own team raked you out of the way!!

I think they need to make it so you have to stop at the breakdown, then you can clear out, it seems to be the coming from distance they don't like?

Is it time to say players are just to big.....

Now bear with me on this.....

There were few old clips on the other day from way back in day where the players looked well just like ordinary men.....but the skill and proper rugby were there.....

Nowadays its crash bang wallop players are man mountains concussion is rife and the laws are being tinkered to try and prevent this....in my opinion its started to get un watchable with all the ref stopping play penalties for everything kick it away crash bang wallop more penalties......

I dont know exactly how you do it but it's the size of the players that's causing the problem at the loss of skill trickery proper rugby....

It’s funny I was chatting with the wife yesterday and agreed the players are all huge! Even the little ones. 

Another thing I mentioned was that there didn’t ever appear to be any space on the field! I know this is primarily because of the skill levels of the players and their drills but break throughs are few and far between. 

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for farrel and co.....never should have been given the job as part of the last turgid coaching structure ireland going backwards or should I say sideways as that is all there plan ceems to involve oh yea that and box kicking back to the opposition!!

The shakeup never happened and now needs to......tho I doubt the irfu will see it!!

i thought Ireland was lacking behind. the forwards won some good ball but without Sexton to run the show they was left wanting 

As for England having the worst second team they will bounce back they got to many world class players

Ireland are coming to the end of an era with the players that are left most are at the end of there Carrere they need to blood some new players ready for the world cup if it go ahead  

Wales got a new coach with at least 9 new players some he has blooded others not yet we also got 9 players on the sick 

Scotland are coming good they mostly  picked players from the two teams in Scotland but now they got players they can pick from the English premiership 

Italy played for about 20 minutes enough said