Vince Green

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, JDog said:

An informative post GrrC.

I hadn't heard of the Rangers case.

You wouldn't- they try to keep their failures quiet, except this one has cost in excess of £21m, seriously you could not write the script for what happens up here, the way they blow money they must have the Corbyn magic money tree growing somewhere 

Edited by button

9 minutes ago, button said:

You wouldn't- they try to keep their failures quiet, except this one has cost in excess of £21m, seriously you could not write the script for what happens up here, the way they blow money they must have the Corbyn magic money tree growing somewhere 

The SNP have one positive in that while ever they get votes to keep them in power up there. The Labour party will never get sufficient votes to ever get in power down here

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

I admit I don’t know any of the ins and outs of Scottish politics ( nor English for that matter ) but from what I’ve read on here, it sounds very much like communism to me. 

Scully my knowledge is probably the same as yours. I do believe the hardcore base of the SNP are the old Scottish labour voters. In their day they were the most militant far left in Labour. So you a probably right 

6 hours ago, Scully said:

I admit I don’t know any of the ins and outs of Scottish politics ( nor English for that matter ) but from what I’ve read on here, it sounds very much like communism to me. 

It's the problem of having a government with no effective opposition, other than being asked some tough question every so often there is nothing to really challenge the SNP.  As a consequence there is monstrous levels of arrogance, which turns into complacency and ultimately abuse of privilege.

It's for the same reason i don't like to witness the collapse of Labour at the UK level.  While I have been a traditional conservative voter and even a member of the party, the failure of leadership by BoJo and the incompetence of so many in his cabinet fill me with despair because without a competent opposition that isn't going to get any better.

22 hours ago, TRINITY said:

I really wonder if the Salmond camp manage to topple the Sturgeon camp if anything will really change. From the bits I remember from the referendum ,Salmond was every bit as much an obnoxious liar as sturgeon.

Salmond trained Sturgeon very much in his own mould, she was his natural successor from way back.  Fallout between such like-minded souls is always more brutal.

I actually think another referendum would be the best way to shut the SNP up and put an end to Sturgeon's reign as i cannot believe they would win an independence vote now.  As others have noted, they continue in power by encouraging the voters to hang on to the romantic braveheart notion of independence as a means of masking their many failings, and without it perhaps the public might just look a little closer.

Edited by Mickeydredd

31 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

Salmond trained Sturgeon very much in his own mould, she was his natural successor from way back.  Fallout between such like-minded souls is always more brutal.

I actually think another referendum would be the best way to shut the SNP up and put an end to Sturgeon's reign as i cannot believe they would win an independence vote now.  As others have noted, they continue in power by encouraging the voters to hang on to the romantic braveheart notion of independence as a means of masking their many failings, and without it perhaps the public might just look a little closer.

With the greatest  respect Mickley,  if there was another referendum and they lost again , they would want another , and other . Boris should block it now . Heck even close Holyrood down , its not fit for purpose.  

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

With the greatest  respect Mickley,  if there was another referendum and they lost again , they would want another , and other . Boris should block it now . Heck even close Holyrood down , its not fit for purpose.  

I doubt it tbh, you can't keep on saying this is what the people of Scotland want if they twice vote that it isn't.  They are driving the notion for a 2nd vote due to changes "against the will of the Scottish people" i.e. Brexit but how many major changes will occur that they could justify yet another vote following this one?

58 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

I doubt it tbh, you can't keep on saying this is what the people of Scotland want if they twice vote that it isn't.  They are driving the notion for a 2nd vote due to changes "against the will of the Scottish people" i.e. Brexit but how many major changes will occur that they could justify yet another vote following this one?

I'm with @JohnPhillip on this, they will continue regardless of results and try everything they can, if they don't they cease to have a purpose, they have proved numerous times they can not govern a country properly so what other use do they have?

They do nothing but stoke up grievances, the quarantine issue been the latest, had to different from everyone else and now it's all WM fault, they are hopeless 

Quite honestly I would be glad to see the back of them because their moaning will never stop. There will always be a hardcore fighting for independence even if it's not the majority. I would asset strip out what I could and cut them loose.  That may sound harsh on all the Scots who want to stay in the union . However from what I see and hear the unionists are just sat meekly by and letting the SNP walk all over them. They seem to me that they have far less fight in them and not really bothered if they stay or leave

I would also build a proper border and not allow all this free travel area rubbish that we allow Ireland

One final point I would also offer an independence vote to shetland and any other area that may want to split and become a crown dependency. 

That may sound harsh and stupid but their constant moaning and bleating and their open hatred of the English,  they can foxtrot oscar for good.

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

However from what I see and hear the unionists are just sat meekly by and letting the SNP walk all over them. They seem to me that they have far less fight in them and not really bothered if they stay or leave

I don't think it is that simple, all "fanatics" to a cause shout loudly, plus the SNP massively control things in Scotland, in alliance with the Greens and this is why we are seeing unjust laws foisted upon the populace.

31 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

I don't think it is that simple, all "fanatics" to a cause shout loudly, plus the SNP massively control things in Scotland, in alliance with the Greens and this is why we are seeing unjust laws foisted upon the populace.

Fair point but the populace dont seem that bothered and are just sitting quietly and not pushing back. If there is a large section that are not happy with the situation it's no good thinking someone is going to come along and change things. If they want change it's up to them and the generally they dont seem that concerned .

Only my impression 

On 14/02/2021 at 00:18, grrclark said:

The wheels are starting to come of the wagon for the ruling elite of the SNP, there is civil war within the party and it is only going to get worse.  A potential 50,000 party members resigning from the SNP in the course of a month such is the level of unhappiness.

Applause. Same reason why I wouldn't vote for Lib Dems, Greens or Labour.  

14 hours ago, button said:

Nor me

I now live in (SW) Scotland and watch with great interest this SNP situation.

My situation is pretty 'rural;, and no one I speak to will admit to voting SNP. In fact, most are vehemently opposed to NS' rule. Yet, even here, she gets more votes at every turn. Is this just a vindication of the poor alternatives?.

Yet the social media bang on about what a good job she's doing during this pandemic. 

Personally. it will matter not one jot to me if the Union collapses because of her machinations - but I do think it will be a shame.