Trump found not guilty in impeachment trial.

Walker570

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

What actions?

Retweeting rubbish from Qanon and pizzagate linked accounts that a section of his most devoted followers feed of, these followers might be described as loonies but when you take idiots that believe lies and rile them up at a rally and tell them to fight like hell it doesn't take too much of a stretch to imagine what may happen... in the same way some democrats behaved when there was all the BLM stuff going on last year, rile the idiots up enough and you will get violence. 

He also lost an election, chucked his toys outa the pram and brought up a pile of lawsuits that were baseless at best. I would think if he accepted his defeat gracefully and got on with the business of planning his comeback for 4 years time all of this would have been avoided.

Not that much of this affects my day to day life, though my friend that works in the states thinks her adoptive country is currently a laughing stock 

Trump is gone - the world is a safer place.  The worrying thing for us all is that around 77m muppets believed in him.

Re: Rob85 - I work for a Texas based company and they are openly embarrassed to the depths their once great nation as sunk.  Banana Republic is the expression often used.

Edited by Cosmicblue

14 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Trump is gone - the world is a safer place.  The worrying thing for us all is that around 77m muppets believed in him.

Re: Rob85 - I work for a Texas based company and they are openly embarrassed to the depths their once great nation as sunk.  Banana Republic is the expression often used.

Safer place with the democrats in charge 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, treetree said:

Please could you give examples of what actions Trump took to make the world a less safe place?

Oh he did that thing that caused that other thing to happen. On top of the thing he didn't do that caused the other thing not to happen. That was unforgiveable. 

I don't think it's possible to say the world was less safe with him at the helm. More safe? No. But less safe? Not unless you're in a specific area. The Palestinians won't feel more safe in the wake of the hideously one sided middle east agreement Trump cooked up. 

I don't think Iran is any more or less of a threat, despite his sanctions. Interestingly, Biden's said he won't return the US to the Pre-Trump nuclear deal and lift sanctions until Iran scale back their nuclear development.

I'm no Trump fan; I'm glad he's gone, but most of my criticisms of him are about the character of the man and his domestic policy. Mostly abroad, he's just been a non event. Nothing's particularly worse, nothing's particularly better. 

ANYWAY. Right decision by the Senate. The evidence wasn't there. You can't convict someone of incitement to insurrection based on what a comparatively few idiots decide to read into his words. I think they were going to do it regardless of what Trump said anyway. Could he have diffused the situation? Probably. That's not the same as causing it though.

ANYWAY. Right decision by the Senate. The evidence wasn't there. You can't convict someone of incitement to insurrection based on what a comparatively few idiots decide to read into his words. I think they were going to do it regardless of what Trump said anyway. Could he have diffused the situation? Probably. That's not the same as causing it though.

Possibly but if you wind up people for weeks stolen election etc, then organise thousands to protest and instruct them to march and stop the fraud, any idiot would know their would be trouble, including Trump. 

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

It was always simple enough for me - evidence is evidence - lack of it isn't.

If there was any, poison Pelosi would have been sure to post it, now she's shown up for being such a nasty piece of work.

It was not a court of law.  People and  politicians know what he said and did, and they had to decide if that was enough in their opinion to impeach him.   

Edited by ordnance

9 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Retweeting rubbish from Qanon and pizzagate linked accounts that a section of his most devoted followers feed of, these followers might be described as loonies but when you take idiots that believe lies and rile them up at a rally and tell them to fight like hell it doesn't take too much of a stretch to imagine what may happen... in the same way some democrats behaved when there was all the BLM stuff going on last year, rile the idiots up enough and you will get violence. 

He also lost an election, chucked his toys outa the pram and brought up a pile of lawsuits that were baseless at best. I would think if he accepted his defeat gracefully and got on with the business of planning his comeback for 4 years time all of this would have been avoided.

Not that much of this affects my day to day life, though my friend that works in the states thinks her adoptive country is currently a laughing stock 

👏 Spot on

8 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Couldn't have put it better myself 77 million people thought Trump was worth voting for ,THAT is the scariest part of it all !

He certainly is a Marmite type of person. I personally like Marmite! Interestingly all of my friends in the USA voted for him, and 70m people can’t be that wrong. In the UK we don’t get the full picture, most of the UK reporters are so biased against Trump and have been ever since he started out on that Presidential path.