Trump found not guilty in impeachment trial.

Walker570

4 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I doubt it, I would think the dirt that will come out about Trump now he is out of office will make him unelectable, plus he could be busy fighting court cases.  

Would they not have looked for the dirt while he was in office,  would they have not used it in the elections   ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ordnance said:

I doubt it, I would think the dirt that will come out about Trump now he is out of office will make him unelectable, plus he could be busy fighting court cases.  

Your telling me that despite every accusation and piece of ‘dirt’ they threw at him for the past 5 years, they have even worse ‘dirt’ on him but haven’t used it yet or have been holding back for some reason? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Yeah right! 

2 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

He certainly is a Marmite type of person. I personally like Marmite! Interestingly all of my friends in the USA voted for him, and 70m people can’t be that wrong. In the UK we don’t get the full picture, most of the UK reporters are so biased against Trump and have been ever since he started out on that Presidential path.

Spot on . Our news media  is getting worse , they only want you to here what they to spread . Its even worse here in Scotland  the media  has no one brave enough to tackle a lot of the on going issues  here in Scotland. 

17 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Your telling me that despite every accusation and piece of ‘dirt’ they threw at him for the past 5 years, they have even worse ‘dirt’ on him but haven’t used it yet or have been holding back for some reason? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Yeah right! 

Yep, it will come from people that were in the White house who had to keep their mouths shut when he was in office. Not necessarily anything illegal just things that will show just how incompetent he really was. There are obviously supporters that would vote for him no matter what he did, but that says more about them than him. 

Edited by ordnance

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

Yep, it will come from people that were in the White house who had to keep their mouths shut when he was in office. Not necessarily anything illegal just things that will show just how incompetent he was. There are obviously supporters that would vote for him no matter what he did, but that says more about them than him. 

So basically unsubstantiated, un provable dirt then? 

Bit like the last 4 years 🤣

Just now, Rewulf said:

So basically unsubstantiated, un provable dirt then? 

Bit like the last 4 years 🤣

How do you know it will be unsubstantiated or un provable ? As i said it doesn't need to be anything illegal etc, just things that will show him to be the idiot a lot of people already think he is. He was the king of digging up and spreading unsubstantiated dirt, so he should expect plenty in return. 

Trump appealed to the poorly educated, often lowly paid with much reduced social expectations - the kinds of people that we have here that probably believe much of the  content printed in the tabloid press is true.  Trump gave them hope - hope that America would return to it's glory days of the 1980s/90s. 

If you spend much time in the USA one realises that most of the media coverage is internal, there is precious little international news or appreciation of what's happening around the world especially with regard to trade or international foreign affairs add to that 70+ channels of viewing garbage and you have all the ingredients for insular stupidity.

Edited by Cosmicblue

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

How do you know it will be unsubstantiated or un provable ? As i said it doesn't need to be anything illegal etc, just things that will show him to be the idiot a lot of people already think he is. He was the king of digging up and spreading unsubstantiated dirt, so he should expect plenty in return. 

To me that's not interesting enough now. Petty, whining child shown to be petty, whining child - just at different time we didn't know about? IF he did anything illegal (not just shady, or naughty or not to Nancy's liking), then show some light on that, otherwise, can't we just move on from this incessant mud slinging involving Trump? It's just getting a bit boring! If there are criminal charges to be brought based on tax by a particular state, then now's the time to get on with that. But it's probably time the federal government found something better to get its teeth into, not that there's much going on at the moment...

The thing we hear so much about (rightly so, I think) is integrity of the office of the president. Trump showed very little of that - but then how does scrabbling around in the mud looking for mud look any better? I think it's time for Pelosi et al. to forget about Trump and have a bash at helping to run the country?

A party controls the White House, the House and the Senate. That's huge power to actually get things done. It's time to show how they can make the country a better place - and heal the hurt of 70 million voters who didn't want Biden. One Inauguration Day speech means jack if you then spend the next few months hounding a guy who's not even in office any more. 

IF he did anything illegal (not just shady, or naughty or not to Nancy's liking), then show some light on that, otherwise, can't we just move on from this incessant mud slinging involving Trump? It's just getting a bit boring! 

As i said Trump was the king of mud slinging, he deserves every bit he gets in return. 

I think trump was way off the mark with some stuff but got other things spot on. He wasn't afraid to raise concerns other leaders were afraid to mention.

One thing I thought he was spot on with , is the way the richest country in Europe, Germany, continues to 'free load' NATO. Then gives Russia a massive financial up lift with the gas pipe line deal. He also backed the UK in  Salisbury poisonings,  far more robustly than our European allies.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Sadly this thread has taken on the normal attitude of the left wing and MSM.   It does not matter if it is conjecture, opinion, or down right lies, say it loud and often and for long enough and people start to believe it.

Precisely what in this thread is a downright lie? Since when are people not allowed to have opinions that differ from your own? And I'd say there is as much conjecture from the right? You're criticising Midsomer Murders, but have brought nothing but...well...conjecture and opinion to  refute it. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Yeah right! 

Trump was able to supress a lot of evidence regarding  his dealings with Russia before his2016 election. He managed to shut down the Mueller Investigation and sacked Comey the head of the FBI when Trump found out the FBI were investigating him over the same links with Russia.

That evidence hasn't gone away and Trump's power to keep it supressed has now gone

American law and American politics are not about right and wrong as much as they are about money and power. The biggest dog has the biggest teeth and bites the hardest.

Edited by Vince Green

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I knew it was over when the Democrats got caught faking evidence. Even the Democrats where like why are we here.  

This interview tells us all we need to know. The total exasperation in his voice...

When the media willingly forgive ‘a little bit of evidence tampering’ because it was for a greater cause i.e the pursuit of the arch villain of the left, Mr Trump, well there’s just no hope is there.

Edited by Mungler

36 minutes ago, Mungler said:

This interview tells us all we need to know. The total exasperation in his voice...

When the media willingly forgive ‘a little bit of evidence tampering’ because it was for a greater cause i.e the pursuit of the arch villain of the left, Mr Trump, well there’s just no hope is there.

He is speaking a lot of truth.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

He makes a fair point and levies the charge at both 'the left and the right'. But it's a bit hypocritical to moan about the media twisting words and the democrats manipulating evidence but then says to the reporter 'You said, to be fair it was only a check on the twitter, that's what you said' (add weird little dance). No it is not what she said:

'To be clear now for our viewers what we're talking about is a check mark that's a verification on twitter that did not exist on that particular tweet, A 2020 that should have actually read 2021 and the selective editing as you say of the tapes. is that the doctored evidence of which you're speaking?' 

At no point did she say 'it's only a check on the twitter'. She did not devalue the evidence by spinning it. She asked for confirmation. He's accusing her of something she did not say. He loads it with spin and directly and unequivocally lies. And then he adds 'You've got to live by your words. The media has got to start living by the truth.' HYPOCRITE. 

Once again, it's a plague on both houses. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

He makes a fair point and levies the charge at both 'the left and the right'. But it's a bit hypocritical to moan about the media twisting words and the democrats manipulating evidence but then says to the reporter 'You said, to be fair it was only a check on the twitter, that's what you said' (add weird little dance). No it is not what she said:

'To be clear now for our viewers what we're talking about is a check mark that's a verification on twitter that did not exist on that particular tweet, A 2020 that should have actually read 2021 and the selective editing as you say of the tapes. is that the doctored evidence of which you're speaking?' 

At no point did she say 'it's only a check on the twitter'. She did not devalue the evidence by spinning it. She asked for confirmation. He's accusing her of something she did not say. He loads it with spin and directly and unequivocally lies. And then he adds 'You've got to live by your words. The media has got to start living by the truth.' HYPOCRITE. 

Once again, it's a plague on both houses. 

If that’s what you took away from the clip...

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Well, he certainly shut her down didn't he and rightly so.   As said above it is time those being paid out of the public purse got back to running the country not basically destroying it as all these executive orders are planned to do.

Well one thing I do agree with is that main stream media is slowly moving from factual reporting and creeping to a position of either left or right. I think the finest example of this in the UK is news night when Emily Maitless fronts it. She dosnt interview her guests ,she lectures them and blatantly attempts to shove her her personal views down the viewers throats.

6 hours ago, ordnance said:

So basically a little more totally un provable character assassination to try and make as much of the public hate hinm as possible, they are that scared of him? 

What are we talking about.? 

'Trump spoke nasty words to me once' 

'Trump didn't flush after using the toilet' 

'He got fake tan on the wallpaper' 

I've said it before, if they had dirt, they would have used it already, if any comes out now ,it's likely pure invention, that can never be challenged or proven. 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

saying he had a fair point... 

... But... 

Not content with driving a stake through the monsters heart, the left wing vampire hunters are now attempting to nail the coffin shut and burn it on the bonfire of democracy. 

And they aren't too fussed about how they do it, they failed to bar him from office, twice now, but they are still saying he's guilty, and are now calling 75 million voters idiots and cult followers! 

Do they learn nothing? 

Do they expect them to turn to dem voters via insults? 

So basically a little more totally un provable character assassination to try and make as much of the public hate hinm as possible, they are that scared of him? 

Trump managed to do that brilliantly all by himself.  Republicans and their supporters have being carrying out character assassination on Obama in and out of office, so why would Trump expect any difference with him. 

I don't like trump as a person, he's childish, rude, petty, self serving and arrogant. But I cat see how as a president he's done worse than any of the others, I certainly prefer him to Obama or either of the Clinton's and he's tried his best to be the UK's friend despite Theresa May and many others doing their best to offend him, he was more stately than many of his distracters and rose above a lot of it. 

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

What a well educated idiot he is.

“What happened during the riots at the Capitol was horrific but what happened at [the impeachment trial] was just as horrific”

Comparing the killing and maiming of police officers to (notionally) derogatory accusations is puerile. 

Complicit stupidity.