Ferreting possibility

Lampwick

I’ve read a bit lately about a lack of rabbits and a shortage of ferreting opportunities.

Well I may be in a position to offer some. I just need to get permission from the land owner next door. 

Last time I was out shooting I counted 42 on the field. They are holed up in a few sections of the hedge around the field. I’m not a ferreter and would be happy to take any advice. 

As mentioned this can only happen if I get hold of the landowner and get permission. 

Ps it’s in West Suffolk. Pm me if your interested. There isn’t any shooting on offer and it’s not an ongoing offer. 

Cheers 

• 5 months later...

Updated offer!!

I’ve read a bit lately about a lack of rabbits and a shortage of ferreting opportunities.

I am now in a position to offer some on at least two sites. 

I’m not a ferreter and would be happy to take any advice. I do appreciate this is not the time to do it and see this as happening later in the year. 

Located in West Suffolk and East Cambs. Pm me if your interested. There isn’t any shooting on offer and it’s not an ongoing offer.

I must add I’m a pest controller and do get paid for my services, I have been managing the populations by shooting. I’m not intending on paying for this but will supply refreshments and a “drink” 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Lampwick said:

Updated offer!!

I’ve read a bit lately about a lack of rabbits and a shortage of ferreting opportunities.

I am now in a position to offer some on at least two sites. 

I’m not a ferreter and would be happy to take any advice. I do appreciate this is not the time to do it and see this as happening later in the year. 

Located in West Suffolk and East Cambs. Pm me if your interested. There isn’t any shooting on offer and it’s not an ongoing offer.

I must add I’m a pest controller and do get paid for my services, I have been managing the populations by shooting. I’m not intending on paying for this but will supply refreshments and a “drink” 

Cheers 

Not doing a very good job of it by the look of things :whistling:…..only joking mate, nice offer for someone, but like most of the offers I have seen over the last few years the response was poor, good luck.

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Not doing a very good job of it by the look of things :whistling:…..only joking mate, nice offer for someone, but like most of the offers I have seen over the last few years the response was poor, good luck.

😂 just got the nod from one neighbouring landlord and one is a new site which looks good for a net or two! Just thought someone would enjoy a day out with their ferrets. Doesn’t really bother me one way or the other! Gassing will be my go in the winter but I’m getting a bit soft and less happy to do that!! 

8 hours ago, Lampwick said:

Realise there might be a good reason for this but someone shooting through summer could put a good dent in the numbers.

Anyone with ferrets is probably busy trying to keep the critters cool.