gl40/ gl41/gl42

nobbyathome

Don’t like to be a kill joy but if you are asking the question in the way you are then just may be you do not understand enough about the licences to be using them. Do some homework as would not want to see you get into trouble relying on them in your defence.
to help you I would recommend you visit the BASC website read and understand your legal obligation in using the licences.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2021 at 11:27, rbrowning2 said:

Don’t like to be a kill joy but if you are asking the question in the way you are then just may be you do not understand enough about the licences to be using them. Do some homework as would not want to see you get into trouble relying on them in your defence.
to help you I would recommend you visit the BASC website read and understand your legal obligation in using the licences.

hes asking for help not s-it rep

1 hour ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

hes asking for help not s-it rep

So he had not been out for a year so had not had time to apply for the new Gerald licences, which suggests when he previously went out he did apply for the general licences, which shows a lack of understand of general licences.

hence why I thought I did help him by pointed him in the direction of the basc website. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, so probably best to  understand the law you are relying on in your defence should the need arise before having cause to do so.

And on the 15th February he seamed to take that onboard.

On 01/03/2021 at 20:46, rbrowning2 said:

So he had not been out for a year so had not had time to apply for the new Gerald licences, which suggests when he previously went out he did apply for the general licences, which shows a lack of understand of general licences.

hence why I thought I did help him by pointed him in the direction of the basc website. Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, so probably best to  understand the law you are relying on in your defence should the need arise before having cause to do so.

Reasonable advice I would have said .

On 01/03/2021 at 20:46, rbrowning2 said:

More reasonable advice I would have said ,taken in the spirit it was meant by the looks of it .He was looking for advice and got some.

I couldn’t agree less. The so called ‘advice’ was tainted with ‘oneupmanship’ and sneering condescension. Do you honestly think the original OP was hoping for a snotty reply? Hardly. Or...... is it just that some members here have, shall we say, a certain contradictory agenda?

44 minutes ago, Fellside said:

I couldn’t agree less. The so called ‘advice’ was tainted with ‘oneupmanship’ and sneering condescension. Do you honestly think the original OP was hoping for a snotty reply? Hardly. Or...... is it just that some members here have, shall we say, a certain contradictory agenda?

Ok ,looks like our interpretation differs .

26 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Out of interest are there any moves to get rooks back in our sites in wales? 

I don’t honestly think so. What strange times in Wales.....?!
I hope someone else on PW, who is closer to this Welsh issue, can offer more hopeful insights. 

On 15/03/2021 at 20:36, Fellside said:

My apologies if that is how my response came across, it was intended to alert the op that he should seek further advice before replying on a licence is clearly had little knowledge about.

My response apparently has upset you more than the OP.

Edited by rbrowning2