Looking for a flapper that rises and falls as well as flapping.

lakeside1000

There was one shown on Facebook earlier (I can't find it now!) that was retailing for £80. Not sure how good it is though.

With regard to getting a decoy bird rising, I liked the idea that Chris Green (Cornish Countryman) came up with. Basically, he had a Crow on the end of a long wooden pole, which was attached to string. When pulled, the bird lifted into the air. This can be seen on his Crow Shooting DVD.

23 hours ago, ant.mass said:

Was it This  if so its £225 From here  https://www.flightlinedecoys.co.uk/store

Hi, Ant.mass, thats very similar but at that price I think its beyond my budget, many thanks

21 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

There was one shown on Facebook earlier (I can't find it now!) that was retailing for £80. Not sure how good it is though.

With regard to getting a decoy bird rising, I liked the idea that Chris Green (Cornish Countryman) came up with. Basically, he had a Crow on the end of a long wooden pole, which was attached to string. When pulled, the bird lifted into the air. This can be seen on his Crow Shooting DVD.

Hi Steve, yes I did see the lifting pole you mentioned, cant imagine carrying that out to the field, quite a novel idea though, 

Not seen any thing on face book, maybe I can put something of the pole onto a standard flapper if I can work out the mechanics, The bird only need to rise around 12 inches while flapping to create the effect.. thanks