Hatsan 900X .177 moderator removal

Hi Guys

I am having a problem with my Hatsan plastic moderator and want to remove it for an upgrade. I have removed the baffles and was expecting a 17mm nut to undo and remove it. There is none!  What looks like a metal ring around the barrel is all I can see. Anyone know how I can get it off without causing any damage? 

Many thanks

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, what is the measured size of the Barrel O/D ?

Before you cut barrel , go on the UK airgun forum and search for a chap called Halinfax , he did a write up and photos on the 900 X , taking off plastic foresight and fitting silencer, 

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies. I have had problems with this gun when I bought it. Especially zeroing it in. I have not been able to get consistent shots. I have had different sights and they did not work. I cut the moderator down today and decided to fit a bore sight. Have found the barrel is bent. So if anyone has a barrel for this gun I would be interested.

Thanks.

21 hours ago, 12boreblue said:

Hi Guys

Thanks for replies. I have had problems with this gun when I bought it. Especially zeroing it in. I have not been able to get consistent shots. I have had different sights and they did not work. I cut the moderator down today and decided to fit a bore sight. Have found the barrel is bent. So if anyone has a barrel for this gun I would be interested.

Thanks.

They have one for sale in sgc for £70. Probably as cheap as you'd find someone willing to break a barrel of one tbh