People of Scotland

The Heron

9 hours ago, The Heron said:

I have just read that the first minister of Scotland has advised people not to book holidays at Easter, is this because it may be sunny 😂

My wife enjoys sunbathing, by the time we go on summer holidays she has a pretty good tan, I'm usually not far behind and it is not the fabled Scottish tan of going from pale blue to white. We usually get good weather April/May and as long as it is not windy, it's fine to sunbathe or pottering in the garden in shorts. We used to live in Cornwall and apart from winter temperatures there is little difference

2 hours ago, henry d said:

We usually get good weather April/May and as long as it is not windy, it's fine to sunbathe or pottering in the garden in shorts.

Yeah I can recall some amazing spring weather here in Fife - invariably followed by a complete wash-out for the rest of the year...

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

But make it more as our tourist industry needs more help😂

Yes I realy feel for these people , how many have gone out of business.  I can't understand  why none essential  shops are not allowed to open . You can pop into tesco but not a shoe shop or card shop .plus all other shops . The high Street was been hit hard before . This is just the nails going into the coffin. Internet sales are going through the roof ....... and breath 😀😀

7 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Yes I realy feel for these people , how many have gone out of business.  I can't understand  why none essential  shops are not allowed to open . You can pop into tesco but not a shoe shop or card shop .plus all other shops . The high Street was been hit hard before . This is just the nails going into the coffin. Internet sales are going through the roof ....... and breath 😀😀

Sadly none in SG have a business background and to put it bluntly they just don't get it

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

They don't care either whilst the Westminster tap is on.

They will finish alot of businesses off, her comments about easter will not help tourism, pure stupidity, I just hope this is remembered in May

Funny how the election is still on in May though, guided by science! Aye right when it suits

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Yes I feel so for these business.  They have put in place all that was required to help restricted the spread.  I bet many of the smaller businesses  are not receiving  support .

According to her they are getting support and do you know if Scotland had it's own borrowing powers they could do more, the rubbish she spouts is on another level, the only thing she is bothered about is #indy2, #indy3, #indy4.........

2 hours ago, button said:

Sadly none in SG have a business background and to put it bluntly they just don't get it

Thats not just in Scotland but also across the wider UK. Politicians, scientists, academics, Doctors etc, all of whom want to keep us locked down, don't have to worry about where the next pay cheque is coming from or how long they can keep people employed for. 

On 16/02/2021 at 21:07, The Heron said:

I have just read that the first minister of Scotland has advised people not to book holidays at Easter, is this because it may be sunny 😂

Yes, there's a risk people might enjoy themselves, and she won't have that. 

Can't wait for her to appear before the inquiry. I know there is a dispute about just when Krankie found out, but I wasn't aware, until today, just how many people were involved. It would appear to be Krankie against quite a few. Salmond asserts that things she said were witnessed by others at her home, including a Solicitor.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Can't wait for her to appear before the inquiry. I know there is a dispute about just when Krankie found out, but I wasn't aware, until today, just how many people were involved. It would appear to be Krankie against quite a few. Salmond asserts that things she said were witnessed by others at her home, including a Solicitor.

Apart from the 500k payed to Salmomd , how much more money is this costing the tax payer .

I suspect it is going to cost a whole lot more, which she could have avoided.

I was amused to hear one of the SNP saying that allowing Salmond's submission to be used was a bewildering disregard for clear legal advice. Given that they proceeded against Salmond in total disregard of legal advice, you have to wonder what planet he lives on.

13 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I suspect it is going to cost a whole lot more, which she could have avoided.

I was amused to hear one of the SNP saying that allowing Salmond's submission to be used was a bewildering disregard for clear legal advice. Given that they proceeded against Salmond in total disregard of legal advice, you have to wonder what planet he lives on.

She will be dreading him, all the attempts to suppress look to have failed and we might finally get the truth and see how rotten it is

On 17/02/2021 at 19:50, button said:

According to her they are getting support and do you know if Scotland had it's own borrowing powers they could do more, the rubbish she spouts is on another level, the only thing she is bothered about is #indy2, #indy3, #indy4.........

Affected businesses are getting support,Nicola Sturgeon was given £8.5 billion to be paid to the scottish people & businesses affected by the pandemic,she then changed the qualifying criteria that was used in England & Wales which meant that a lot of small businesses only got £10,000 instead of the £25,000 grant supplied from Westminster,the £15,000 she skimmed from each payout has most likely been stashed in her independence war chest.

The morals of a skunk!

56 minutes ago, 51/50 said:

Affected businesses are getting support,Nicola Sturgeon was given £8.5 billion to be paid to the scottish people & businesses affected by the pandemic,she then changed the qualifying criteria that was used in England & Wales which meant that a lot of small businesses only got £10,000 instead of the £25,000 grant supplied from Westminster,the £15,000 she skimmed from each payout has most likely been stashed in her independence war chest.

The morals of a skunk!

Morals of a skunk would be a step up from what we have now!