Help with Samsung Phone.

fatchap

Could do with some assistance with my phone, well not the phone itself. The annoyingly cheerful self righteous. nosey, always listening built in personal assistant, that goes by the name of Bixby!! How in all that is holy do you turn this bloody thing off? On an Iphone you have to ask Siri something. Alexa you have to use a trigger word. But Bixby is constantly listening and has no qualms about butting in to your conversation and telling you that it can't find whatever in your contacts. I even have to clear it with her to turn the bloody phone off.

The thing is I have no idea how it got activated and even less on how you permanently terminate the annoying piece of software.

I have to admit its driving me mad. The thing just does not shut up. Its worse than the wife.

its a Samsung FE20 and if it wasn't so expensive Bixby would be on the business end of a belt grinder.

Anyone help me out here?

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Could do with some assistance with my phone, well not the phone itself. The annoyingly cheerful self righteous. nosey, always listening built in personal assistant, that goes by the name of Bixby!! How in all that is holy do you turn this bloody thing off? On an Iphone you have to ask Siri something. Alexa you have to use a trigger word. But Bixby is constantly listening and has no qualms about butting in to your conversation and telling you that it can't find whatever in your contacts. I even have to clear it with her to turn the bloody phone off.

The thing is I have no idea how it got activated and even less on how you permanently terminate the annoying piece of software.

I have to admit its driving me mad. The thing just does not shut up. Its worse than the wife.

its a Samsung FE20 and if it wasn't so expensive Bixby would be on the business end of a belt grinder.

Anyone help me out here?

Have you tried asking her how to turn her off?? 

I find talking about squirrels works a treat 🤣🤣

Bixby is a PITA.  Samsung's competitor to Apple's Siri.

Get the phone, power on, unlock it if needed.

1) swipe the screen down from the top and press the 'gear' icon for Settings

2) Press the Magnifying glass top right

3) In the box at the top of the screen marked 'Search' - type Bixby Voice - a screen appears 'Bixby Voice Settings'

Scroll down.

Automatic Listening - set to 'Never;

Sorted

5 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Bixby is a PITA.  Samsung's competitor to Apple's Siri.

Get the phone, power on, unlock it if needed.

1) swipe the screen down from the top and press the 'gear' icon for Settings

2) Press the Magnifying glass top right

3) In the box at the top of the screen marked 'Search' - type Bixby Voice - a screen appears 'Bixby Voice Settings'

Scroll down.

Automatic Listening - set to 'Never;

Sorted

Cheers that shut her up.