.22LR Subsonic Ammo.

30 minutes ago, London Best said:

The Eley subs will not work in my BRNO. Mod 2. Lucky if only ten per box misfire, often more. All other makes work fine. I usually use Winchester as they are less waxy than RWS.

That is very interesting that Eley subs misfire in your BRNO (a nice rifle by all accounts).I wonder why? Yes, you also find the RWS subs waxy?..I do like the Winchester 42 grain subs as well - they run well in my Annie.

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

The best by far in my Anschutz carbine were the SK hollow points, but no sooner had I got through the 1st 1000 I bought I found out that they'd stopped producing them.

SK is great ammo.It (as you know) can be difficult to find.I am hoping to be able to get some soon.

1 hour ago, Longbower said:

I have the older 40g Eley Subs , which my CZ 452 loves , the new 38g Eley's do not seem as accurate ,and I have had  the occasional non fire.!

So I switched to CCI Subs , which so far have been reasonably good . 

Yes, I have heard (many Times) the old Eley 40 grain was great ammo., which makes me wonder why Eley discontinued them.I am yet to try CCi in my Annie.Once lockdown is eased, will try them.

3 hours ago, GreatOutdoors said:

SK is great ammo.It (as you know) can be difficult to find.I am hoping to be able to get some soon.

Yes, I have heard (many Times) the old Eley 40 grain was great ammo., which makes me wonder why Eley discontinued them.I am yet to try CCi in my Annie.Once lockdown is eased, will try them.

To save 2 grn lead on every one made?

A bean counters organism?

9 hours ago, wymberley said:

The best by far in my Anschutz carbine were the SK hollow points, but no sooner had I got through the 1st 1000 I bought I found out that they'd stopped producing them.

SK standard plus (yellow box} and the slightly better Match {red box} are fairly common these days. 

Excellent in all my. 22lrs.

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

SK standard plus (yellow box} and the slightly better Match {red box} are fairly common these days. 

Excellent in all my. 22lrs.

Thanks.In East Anglia, I cannot find any RFDs that stock SK (either Standard or Match).I am however waiting as some are on order at an RFD not too far from me.I am looking forward to trying them as I have heard nothing but positive comments about SK ammo.

don't use my brno semi-auto much as the sound or rounds zinging off just about everything freaks me out.

reach for the hmr every time.

tried calling my local rfd and e-mailing to see if they had any cci segmented subsonic rf in stock to try and restore the love for the thing.

no reply as of 2 weeks ago useless.

Edited by Remimax

1 hour ago, welshwarrior said:

I have two Brno mod 2s both early versions 

one like Eley RWS Hornady Winnies and Remi

the other Winnie SK Lapua Remi CCI  and American eagle. 

I therefore use Winnies 

Makes sense and your BRNOs  are not overly ammo fussy.

1 hour ago, Remimax said:

don't use my brno semi-auto much as the sound or rounds zinging off just about everything freaks me out.

reach for the hmr every time.

tried calling my local rfd and e-mailing to see if they had any cci segmented subsonic rf in stock to try and restore the love for the thing.

no reply as of 2 weeks ago useless.

The CCi Segmented should be quite easy to get.I am in East Anglia and many RFDs in this are stock them.

On 24/02/2021 at 16:35, Rewulf said:

Yes , they were £50 a brick , but last I heard theyd put them up.

Yerr, I’ve had quite a few sk’s from there, I don’t know anywhere else in Notts area who sells them. Only other places I’ve seen them is livens and forest lodge. Good accurate and consistent ammo imo😁👍