Beretta 691

bev6345

Just now, button said:

Bit uncalled for

Really? 

The mods have been telling people off for similar in the past. 

New to the forum, 2 posts, both of which were posts to his youtube channel, drumming up views. 

Normally people are asked to introduce themselves beforehand.

Many forums put blocks on new members starting new threads until they have a certain number of posts to stop people just popping up, posting links to themselves on whatever and then never being seen again. 

Just now, Lloyd90 said:

Really? 

The mods have been telling people off for similar in the past. 

New to the forum, 2 posts, both of which were posts to his youtube channel, drumming up views. 

Normally people are asked to introduce themselves beforehand.

Many forums put blocks on new members starting new threads until they have a certain number of posts to stop people just popping up, posting links to themselves on whatever and then never being seen again. 

Surely that's the job of the mods

Thats the kind of comment which puts people off

28 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Puts them off something that’ they’re not supposed to be doing? 

Heaven forbid 😬🤣

what am I not supposed to be doing....... posting about shooting in a shooting forum?

is there a set number of text posts i have to make to before posting a video?

like i said before, i have nothing to gain from making these videos, in fact it has cost me money. all i want to do is put them out there and hope it help people and shooting in general.

55 minutes ago, Westward said:

Apart from a price uplift of about £700, in what ways is the 691 different from or better than the Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting? 

Not handled the new silver pigeon 1, but against the older silver pigeons the wood is defiantly a step up and the engraving is a little better but not much.  the action is thicker and supposedly more robust and balances better. the main thing for me was the fit/feel was much better on the 691 but that's more of a personal preference.

2 hours ago, Westward said:

Apart from a price uplift of about £700, in what ways is the 691 different from or better than the Silver Pigeon 1 Sporting? 

It's a different action, 690 series against 680, pretty sure the 690 is a wider action for different balance

1 hour ago, bev6345 said:

what am I not supposed to be doing....... posting about shooting in a shooting forum?

is there a set number of text posts i have to make to before posting a video?

like i said before, i have nothing to gain from making these videos, in fact it has cost me money. all i want to do is put them out there and hope it help people and shooting in general.

Just ignore it, put it down to lock down boredom

I enjoyed it, thanks👍

Ok Lloyd90, shall we ban any one posting in the videos section of their exploits?

Were a shooting forum and this is the ‘Guns and Equipment’ subsection where we ask or post about, funny enough- Guns.

First post, Second or ten thousandth. At what stage do you believe we should be restricted to being non active participants?

This video presentation doesn’t allude to any form of personal sales and is a lot sleeker than the usual ‘I just picked up a new gun’ one line threads. 
Many times people link to other YouTube videos but I don’t remember you getting shirty on any of those? 

Was rather surprised at your statement as I didn’t realise that you acted on our behalf and on behalf of the site too.

13 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Puts them off something that’ they’re not supposed to be doing? 

Heaven forbid 😬🤣

Where and what Forum rule has been broken? 

To Bev6345, liked the quality of the video.

Morning rant over, just woken and need Coffee 😂

15 hours ago, button said:

It's a different action, 690 series against 680, pretty sure the 690 is a wider action for different balance

I had an SV10 sporter for about 3 years. The 69x series inherited the SV10 action starting with the 692. The action had 2 differences from my 686 in that it was 1.5mm wider and also had the hated selectable ejectors, but the rest of the action was exactly the same. Beretta threw away 10 years and thousands of customers trying unsuccessfully to make the ejectors work reliably long term, before finally admitting defeat and reverting to the non selectable type. Incidentally the buzzword "Steelium" for the bore profile was also introduced on the SV10 range, although of course all the factory built Berettas still use the same Excelsior HSA steel they've been using for donkey's years.

I asked about the 691 v SP1 simply because they share the same barrels and 95% of the action, so it seems a lot extra to pay for extended chokes and arguably slightly nicer wood.

1 hour ago, Westward said:

I asked about the 691 v SP1 simply because they share the same barrels and 95% of the action, so it seems a lot extra to pay for extended chokes and arguably slightly nicer wood.

i think that's true for shotguns in general, a silver pigeon 1 (£1600) vs a 687EELL (£7000) is essentially the same gun, just much nicer to look at. 

Edited by bev6345

On 17/02/2021 at 12:00, Lloyd90 said:

Nice of you to join the forum to advertise yourself ...

And whats your problem, other than being rude? Honestly, this forum has been whittled down to a few good eggs, and the others, who are on the attack at every opportunity. It used to be a great forum with like minded people exchanging ideas, friendship, banter. If the OP had advertised free pigeon, fox, vermin shooting ( particularly in Bristol) in exchange for a pub lunch and friendship,  he would have been inundated with offers. 

Bev6345, that you for popping your video on. 👍

Edited by turbo33